CH6: The first goodbye

|ANJALI|

|2 weeks later|

The trip was great. We spend the rest of the weekend exploring new places and also shopping. I smiled and bit the tip of the pen as I recalled a few moments between Tushar and me.

I was currently in the school staff room correcting some papers. The students had finished their midterms a few days ago. The workload had been crazy ever since. I sighed and closed the paper. I placed my hands on the table and rested my head against them.

I had barely seen Tushar over the past two weeks. He has been busy with some training and I had been busy with school. There was no breathing time at all. I missed him. We do text a lot when we get the chance. The only thing that bothered me was that he was going to leave in two weeks that was the part I was dreading the most.

How am I supposed to get used to not getting a text from him every morning and night? Who's going to cheer me up when I'm down? I was lost in thoughts when I felt a shove against my shoulder. "Hey, what's up?" Trisha hit me with a book while I glared at her with my head still resting on my arms.

"Are you dreaming about your boyfriend?" She teased wiggling her eyebrows, I rolled my eyes at her. "Ohh or are you thinking about his kisses?" That was enough for me to get up and shove her.

"Shhh! Shut up! People will hear you!" I whispered and glanced around. Thankfully there weren't many teachers in the staff room else the next gossip session would have begun.

When I came back from the trip the first question that Trisha asked me was if we had kissed. When I denied to give her the details she began teasing me by singing the most annoying thing ever.

|Flashback|

I began unpacking my bag. Trisha lay on the bed and kept scrolling through her phone. I threw her a bag of chocolates. She squealed and caught it. "Oh my god! Thank you thank you!" She screamed while eating the chocolates.

"It's so good." She said, I shook my head and continued unpacking my bag. Papa was out for a walk since it was evening. I missed him a lot. I did feel guilty. I didn't like hiding anything from him. We have always shared everything with each other.

I sighed and sat on the bed leaning against the headboard. I'll tell him. I don't want him to find out about this through someone else. He has been my strength throughout my life. I cannot hurt him.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Anjali screamed. "So, did my prediction come true? Did you guys finally kiss?" She bounced on the bed and began shaking my arm. My cheeks immediately began burning up. I recalled all the times we had kissed. It had been amazing. I love Tushar and he loved me too.

I sighed contently when I remembered the confession. "Oh my god! My prediction came true! Yes! My prediction came true! Woohoo!" Anjali screamed and danced around the room. I groaned and shook my head.

"No, no Trisha! Shut up! Stupid!" I chased her around the room with a pillow. "Just admit it, Anju! Then I'll be quiet and decent for the rest of the day." She laughed and hid behind the bed. I jumped over the bed and began chasing her again.

"Shut up Trisha nothing happened okay? So shh! Don't scream!" I threw one pillow at her and she bend down dodging it easily. She laughed loudly and ran away into the living room. I chased her with another pillow.

"Okay, so you won't admit it that easily huh? No worries I have a solution!" She said and stood still on the other side of the table while I stood on the opposite side.

I started at Trisha while she smirked. This isn't good. She cleared her throat and began singing loudly. "Anjali and Tushar sitting under a tree and K-I-S-S-I-N-G." I gasped when she sang it continuously.