CH3: The first date

|ANJALI|

I sighed dreamily as I finished narrating what had happened to Trisha. She squealed and hugged me tightly. "So you are going on a date with Tushar huh?" I breathed out a laugh and nodded.

I shrugged my shoulders and sighed dreamily. "I guess I am! I'm feeling so elated right now! Trish is it possible to feel this way in such a short time?" I asked her and twirled around remembering his handsome face.

Trisha laughed and shook her head. She had a shocked expression on her face. "Anju damn! I have never seen you this way. You like this guy huh?" I felt heat spread down my neck and nodded.

"Aww, my Anju is blushing!!!! This is so sweet. I'm so happy for you my baby!" She pulled me in for a hug and I giggled hugging her tightly. I pulled away after a minute and slapped her arm asking her to stop teasing me.

"Okay okay stop it!" She laughed and slapped my hands away. "Come on Miss Red let's go eat something. I'm hungry." I raised my brows, "Miss Red? Why are you calling me Miss Red?" She laughed and pulled my cheeks. I groaned and pushed her hands away.

"What? Why are you laughing and stop doing that!" She hugged me again. "It's because you are blushing so much. My god you really must like this guy to be blushing this much!" I shrieked again and pushed her away after telling her to shut up.

She laughed and followed me falling in step beside me. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. I won't do it again." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right!" I muttered. She laughed again. "But remember one thing, if he hurts you then he will have to face my wrath." I smiled and nodded, this is why she's my best friend.

"He won't give you that opportunity. I'm sure." I stated confidently. She raised her brows in a challenging manner. "We shall see. Only time will tell!" She exclaimed dramatically and walked. I laughed and followed her. We bid everyone goodbye. The kids looked a bit sad but we promised them that we would visit them soon, that bought a smile on their faces.

"Bye Sister Jamie. Take care. We'll be back next week." She patted our heads and grinned at us. "Take care, my children. God bless you. Come soon, the kids are always excited to see you guys." We spoke for a few more minutes and left the place.

We went to a restaurant and had some delicious food. I packed a box of biriyani for my father and drove home after dropping Trisha at the park where she was going to meet Ashish. I teased her the entire way. She scoffed and shut the door. "I will get you back for it. Don't worry." I stuck my tongue out at her and drove away.

My Dad called and informed me that he would come in an hour. I cleaned the house and sorted a few things. I jumped on the bed after changing into some comfortable clothes. I sighed dreamily and smiled when Tushar's face flashed in my mind. I was going on a date with him next Sunday! I could hardly contain my excitement. I couldn't wait for the next weekend.

|A week later|

Sunday had finally arrived. The week had been way too long. I had the urge to search for Tushar on social media platforms but controlled myself. I was nervous and excited.

Trisha hadn't missed a single opportunity to tease me. But I didn't care. All I cared about was the date. I had informed my Dad that I was meeting a friend this weekend. Technically it was not a lie, but the guilt was killing me. I never liked hiding anything from my Papa. If everything goes well then I will introduce Tushar to him.