008

☆。*。☆。
★。\|/。★

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

You're slurring all your words,
not making any sense.
But I don't fucking care, at all.
Cause I have hella feelings for you.
I act like I don't fucking care.
Like they ain't even there.

--- 𝒾𝒹𝒻𝒸 𝒷𝓎 𝒷𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓇
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

IT DOESN'T TAKE long for you to agree to go to Steve's house.

The proposition for a party feels out of place. But with everything going on, you long for a taste of normalcy.

Jonathan is a little harder to convince. He insists that your priority should be finding Will.

Of course, Will is and has been your priority for the past 48 hours. But you are overwhelmed and exhausted. Not only has your baby brother gone missing, but you've had some highly upsetting revelations about your past and your parent's involvement in it all within the same period.

After the... episode you just had, you need a drink.

And, thankfully, Jonathan concedes to join after some badgering on the part of you and Steve.

You take a few minutes to gather yourself and change out of your tear-stained and snot-covered top.

Steve and Jonathan wait outside.

You hurry so as not to leave them alone for too long. When you finally leave your room, Joyce is nowhere to be found. You're relieved not to have to confront her again, but some part of you is disappointed that she didn't try harder to talk to you.

Once you're out of the house, you see the boys have decided to take Steve's car this time. Steve is, of course, in the driver's seat, with Jonathan waiting in the back.

When you slide into shotgun, you expect Steve to have the excited, pre-party jitters he typically has. But rather than smiling and tapping his feet, he's frowning, biting his lip, and tugging at his hair.

"What's wrong?" You ask, reaching a hand out to touch his shoulder.

Steve jolts as if waking up from a nap. "Oh — Uh, nothing. Just thirsty." He grins, that old spark returning.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The first thing Steve does when the three of you arrive back at his house is pick up the phone. He calls Tommy first, inviting him and Carol over. Although it irritates you how Steve always tries to act so macho around those two, you're actually looking forward to seeing them tonight. Tommy is a great fun at parties, and Carol always has the most entertaining gossip to spill when she's drunk.