002

☆。*。☆。
★。\|/。★

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

If you need a friend,
Don't look to a stranger.
You know in the end,
I'll always be there.
---𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓫𝔂 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓮

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

STEVE HARRINGTON WAS a lonely child.

You would never know by looking at him. He made friends effortlessly, and those he befriended looked up to him as a leader. He just had this enigmatic quality about him that drew people in.

Everyone except those that mattered most.

His parents.

His mother almost never even looked at him. When she did, there was always resentment in her eyes. She never held him, never kissed him, never loved him. She was always gone. Always on 'vacation'. Steve wondered if you could really call it a vacation if you were on one all the time.

Then there was his father. His father was the worst. Whereas his mother treated him with cold indifference, his father was angry, and hateful. He was gone a lot too, on business. But when he was there, it was hell.

"Get up."

Little Steve had fallen and scraped his knee. They were on their way into the house after school.

"Get. Up." His father repeated, speaking through grated teeth.

Tears were welling in Steve's eyes, and he clenched his mouth as tight as he could, struggling not to cry.

He was only five.

He stared at the pavement below, refusing to meet his father's eyes.

Suddenly, a large hand grasped his jaw, jerking his face upward.

"I will not have a pussy for a son, do you hear me?!"

Steve whimpered, the grip on his small jaw was so tight it was painful.

"I said, do you hear me?!"

"Yes, sir."

Every day was like that. He'd coast through school, making superficial friendships. Then he would go home, to either isolation or a warzone.

He had nannies when he was little but, none of them ever stuck around long enough for him to get close to them. To feel safe.

He was floating aimlessly, adrift in his life. Alone. Until you came.

(Y/n) Byers.

As cliché as it sounds, when he saw you that first day, he thought you were an angel.