Chapter 12

It had been about a month and a half since Severide broke her wrist and had surgery. The agent got cleared by Med earlier that day to be able to take the vacation she booked and she practically had to beg Dr. Halstead to let her go, but Jay managed to convince him. 

The detective and agent say in his truck on the way to O'Hare to fly out to the middle of the pacific ocean and Severide couldn't be happier. The blonde had a huge smile on her face as she and Jay walked into the large building together heading towards their gate. "It's weird being here and not be running back to work for a case," she told him as they sat in the waiting area. "No doubt," the detective replied as their flight started boarding and they were soon off of their vacation. 

The Hilton, Honolulu Hawaii

The minute Jay and Zoey got to the hotel they dropped their bags off in the penthouse they'd be living in for the next two weeks. The blonde quickly went to change into her bikini just wanting to head straight to the beach and soak up the sun. "Let's head to the beach," Sevride suggested walking out of the bathroom in the Scarlett red bikini causing Jay's jaw to drop. "Like what you see?" she asked with a smirk, "For sure," he replied with a cocky smirk before grabbing a pair of swim shorts and going to change. 

The detective emerged from the bathroom in shorts and no shirt revealing his chiselled abs. Severide smirked and her face went red as she noticed Jay caught her admiring him. The blonde grabbed a bottle of tequila from the mini bar and she headed for the door grabbing a towel, her phone and room key as they both went down to the lobby and outside to the beach. 

They spent the day on the beach drinking and hanging out, Jay tried surfing and completely wiped out which was hilarious and sent Severide into a laughing fit. Jay then came back onto the beach and carried her into the water dropping her in when he saw her laugh at his wipeout. Later that night they sat on the beach around a bonfire watching the sunset over drinks while listening to island in the sun.

The following week and a half was the same and Zoey loved every minute of lounging on the beach drinking and hanging out with the man she wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of her life with. The entire trip felt like it was straight out of a fairy tale, Zoey sat on the beach laying against Jay as they watched the sun start to set. "I could stay here with you forever," the blonde said softly staring at the multi-coloured sky that somehow was more and more breathtaking each night they watched it. 

Jay stood up and held his hand out to Zoey who looked at him confused, "I wanna show you something," he said as he helped her up. The blond looked at him confused before he took her hand and lead her up the beach back towards the resort. "Where are we going?" she asked the detective as her eyes landed on a group of people who stood just off to the side of the beach that had been decorated for an event. 

Jay smiled and walked her over to the group and Zoey instantly recognized them. It was Rossi, Hotch, JJ, Prentiss, Garci, Morgan and Reid. "What are you guys doing here?" she asked confused noticing they were all dressed up. "Hey Zo," a voice said causing the blonde to turn around to find her older brother Kelly, her high school best friend Gabby and Will who were all dressed up. "What's going on?" she asked looking at Jay, "Well, we couldn't get married without our family," he said causing shock to hit Zoey. "I might have heard that your engagement was back on through the great vine," Rossi said with a smile. "So that's why you all look amazing," Zoey said. "You will too, I brought this from home." her brother said holding out a dry cleaning bag to her. 

Zoey took the dress and Kelly and Gabby were the ones that lead her inside and up to her room to go change. "I brought you this," Will said handing the detective a dry cleaning bag holding his suit. "Thanks, man," Jay said going to get changed as well. 

The detective got in his suit and returned back to the group where everyone was gathered around the asile of chairs on the beach that had been set up. Jay stood at the very end of the aisle with Will stood by him along with a priest. Zoey soon reappeared in a gorgeous white gown that had red and orange around the bottom of the skin-tight mermaid-style dress giving the effects of fire. 

All eyes landed on her as she and Kelly appeared at the end of the aisle. "Do me a favour?" she asked her brother softly. "Anything," he replied, "Don't let me fall," she replied referring to her massive high heels. "Never," Kelly replied sending her a smile as the music started playing and her older brother walked her down the aisle where her eyes stayed on the detective the entire time. 

He looked incredible, she instantly recognized the suit from the night he proposed to her at Rossi's dinner party. Zoey made it to the end of the aisle and Kelly gave her hand to Jay who took her hands in his as the blonde looked up at the detective who was only slightly taller than her now due to her stiletto shoes. Will handed Jay the rings "I jay Halstead take you Zoey Severide as my wife, to love and to hold. Through sickness and health for richer or poorer, until my last dying day," he said placing the ring on Zoey's finger. 

"I Zoey Severide, take you, Jay Halstead, as my husband. To love and to hold, through sickness and health, richer or poorer, Until the day I die," She said placing the matching ring on his finger. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride," the priest said before Jay closed the space between them pressing his lips to hers, they moved in sync for a moment as cheering around them caused them to break the kiss. 

Zoey looked up at Jay with a huge smile on her face, Jya had a smirk that caused her heart to skip a beat. The two signed the marriage papers and walked down the aisle hand in hand heading to a table on the beach where the group and the newly wed's sat down. A server came around and poured a glass of champagne and Rossi raised his glass in the air starting a toast. "They say that good things happen to good people. Today is one of those days, and these are two of these people, we love you" Rossi said holding his glass out. "Cheers" everyone said as they chinked glasses. 

The night was all around amazing they ate amazing food and laughed sharing stories and telling the blonde how much they missed her at work. Zoey and Jay ended up doing their first dance on the beach to 'Island in the sun' by Weezer. "You remembered," she said softly as they danced back and forth to the blonde's favourite song. "Of course," he replied leaning down and pressing a kiss to her lips softly.