Chapter 4

Chicago Med

Severide got quiet, before explaining everything from what Lead's did to her talking to Hotch about the meeting that occurred without him and what happened. The agent told them about how the assignment had been a way to send her away and keep her quiet. "Thay made what Grissom did to me look like child's play, I begged Russel to pull me out of the assignment and I wouldn't hear from him for weeks almost a month after the fact just to be told I can't leave or I was so close to taking this whole thing down," Severide said as she starred at her hands. "Please tell me you caught them," the brunette said. 

"Them?" Morgan asked his partner who looked at them, as the realization set it. They didn't even know who they were after. "How much do you actually know about this assignment?" Severide asked her team. "I'm gonna go call Voight and update him on the situation," Jay said placing a kiss on Zoey's head before he walked out of the room.

The brunette had a small smile on her face as she watched the detective walked out of the room. "We know your assignment was a cover-up," Reid said catching her attention as he pulled out the other puzzles she made and set them on the table in front of her. The agent's eyes fell on the pages with highlighted words that no doubt the genius figured out. The brunette sighed and explained what happened with the section chief and how he threatened her job claiming she wasn't fit to work for the FBI but the entire time he was harassing her, touching her in ways she wasn't comfortable with. then by the time she left his office and told Hotch about the fact, that there was a meeting he signed off on sending her away already. 

Severide could see the anger on her teams face, "I'm sorry you went through- It's nothing compared to the last 7 months, I'm... I'm just happy you found me. I was starting to forget who I was," the brunette said as Jay walked back into the room along with her doctor. She could tell something had changed just by how the ginger walked in and looked at her. "How are you feeling?" Will asked her. "I'm alive so that's good right," she said more than asked, "You said you were forgetting who you were?" the ginger said more than asked going over his charts. "Yea, spent most of the last 6 months just trying to remember my name was Zoey, I'm sorry for making your job harder," she said to the ginger feeling guilty she didn't remember who he was. "In intense situations, the brain will repress memories in order to protect itself from getting hurt," Reid said causing the brunette to smile at his ramble. 

A knock on the door caught everyone's attention as Sergeant Voight, Antonio, Kim, Hailey, Kevin and Adam walked into the room. "How are you feeling?" Antonio asks, "I'm okay, just having a bit of trouble remembering some stuff before 8 months ago," she replied as the intelligence team walked in. "Look I know you need to know what happened so can we just go through it so I can move forwards get better and put it behind me... Please." Severide said looking around the room. 

"Sure, do you want to talk to Voight and I?" Hotch offered and Severide shook her head. "I'm gonna get profiled regardless so what do you need to know," she said knowing that it was better to just get out with it. The detectives and the sergeant just looked at the agents a bit confused. "Do you know who's calling the shots?" Voight asked her, "I know who was running the corporation in New Jersey but he's shot the shot caller, just a vile prick that's on a power trip with anger issues." She said thinking of Jason. 

"Do you know his name?" Hotch asked, "I can do more than that, If you get me a paper and a pencil I can draw every tattoo on him," she said as their faces visibly saddened. Dr. Halstead handed her a blank paper and pencil and she started drawing the tattoos she stared at while the man defiled her. "His name is Jason LeRoy, he's got 2 partners. Joey Treys and Mike Grit, they're coked out 99% of the time." Severide said as she continued to sketch out the tattoos in detail finishing off the right sleeve of tattoos holding the page up in one hand for anyone to take as she continued to sketch out the other sleeve of tattoos but decided to just draw a sketch of the 3 men instead. 

"If your gonna try to get any of them to flip it'd be Mike, he hates everything about the life. He's there for the cash flow, his mom's dying of cancer he wouldn't say much else," Severide said not even noticing that Morgan was on the phone with Garcia. "Do you know the rolls and how the operation was set up?" Voight asked her as she finished the sketch. "Yeah but I also know that the dynamic is gonna change now that Jason lost almost all his girls and he might just..." Severide paused thinking of Mia and Tasha. "What is it?" Jay asked noticing the gears spinning in her head. "He has 2 girls Mia and Tasha and if he's starting up again he might get rid of them depending on if they give him a hard time," she said softly. "What do you mean get rid of them?" a blonde detective asked her. 

"He'd kill them and throw them away like trash and replace them," Severide said, "But there haven't been many bodies with this emmo," JJ said as the brunette looked at her. "Because my role was taking care of the girls. They would piss the guys off and the guys would punish me and expected me to relay that to the girls," she said. "But you didn't," Rossi said more than asked. "I learned a long time ago to fall certain, ways stay down, makes them bored and move on faster. I can't protect them anymore, you gotta find them before he kills them," Severide said looking at Hotch. 

"It's not your job to protect them anymore Severide, that's our job now. You need to heal and recover," Hotch said looking at the agent laying in the bed. "He's right Zo, you gotta trust us to find them and shut this down," Jay said taking her hand in his as he sat next to her bed. Severide shook her head and scoffed, "I know the corporation inside and out, I how these idiots think breath and where they'd be likely to set up. I can help, and I'll stay out of the way and the field but I'm not leaving this alone." Severide said stubbornly. 

Hotch looked at the agent unsure, "I'm not asking you to send me back in there, I'm asking you to let me help build a profile and victimology based off of almost a years worth of knowledge I can rest and actually sleep when I know this sex trafficking ring is permanently shut down. deal?" Severide asked holding her hand out to the BAU unit chief who nodded shaking her hand. Zoey handed him the detailed sketch of the 3 men.