chapter 26 - i liked that

Começar do início

"no you haven't but you know pretty much everything about me. I'm pretty boring" I laugh at the comment I made as Reece starts boiling the water for the pasta and starts frying the onions and mushrooms and garlic it looks like.

"your not boring. you have a really good job for starters and your good at what you do. you read which is a hobby and you bake" he grins again at me, proud of himself for guessing all of those things about me.

"how did you know I baked?" I lean forward cupping my face with my hands as my elbows lean on the table.

"because of the amazing cookies you gave to soph the other week. still mad I didn't get any of those" he smiles at me before turning around again to cook.

"sorry about that, I'll make sure to give you cookies next time" I lean back into my chair smiling.

"you better" he replies turning around to talk to me and then turning back around to cook the rest of the veg that went in with the mushrooms and onions.

I like watching other people cook, it's satisfying almost.

✩ ✩ ✩

"this is so good omg" I compliment him as I stuff another mouthful of carbonara. which can I say must be the best carbonara I've ever had.

"Mr Aliso knows how to cook and he's amazing at cooking pasta so sometimes when I've finished my shift he will teach me a thing or two" he tells me to which makes me smile.

he's opening up to me little by little and it's really sweet.

"well this is bloody delicious" I compliment him again to which he chuckles and finishes eating his pasta too.

"have you got to go into work tomorrow?" he asks me taking mine and his bowl and putting them on the side ready to load the dishwasher.

"no I don't actually, I still have to work on a few more ideas until the meeting that's in a couple of days where I tell my ideas face to face with the company which is a bit scary" I laugh as I go and make myself a drink while Reece puts the dishwasher on.

"you'll do great" he tells me looking at me as he speaks but then looking back at the dishes he's putting in the dishwasher.

I blush slightly and look away as I drink the drink I just made.

after he's finished doing the dishwashing I decide to go to bed because of how tired I was. It's not quite often I go to bed late, I'm just not used to it.

"good night, I'll see you in the morning" he nods at me smiling before turning away and heading to the living room getting the duvet ready for bed.

I do still feel quite bad for him sleeping on the sofa when I have the bed upstairs.

I look away and head to bed, falling straight asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.