Me: Killian

No answer.

Me: Can you hear me?

Nothing.

I guess we are unable to mindlink in the Palace or maybe it's where they took him. A maid comes into the room to collect my tray.

"The proceedings will begin in fifteen minutes. I can escort you to the council meeting room. Leave your bag," she says, grabbing the tray.

I follow her through the halls trying to spot landmarks but we're moving too fast. "How will I find my way back?"

"Don't worry. Another maid will escort you," she says, stopping at two large oak doors. "Wait here until they call for you.

I waited for what seemed like two hours. As I enter the room I see Killian kneeling in the middle of a circular room with chairs all around and a throne in the center. His hands are bound by what looks like silver handcuffs.

I take one step, then two into the room and promptly pass out. When I come to, I am lying at the King's feet. I look behind me and Killian looks distressed. I try to go to him but I am stopped.

"Lila Daniels I presume," the King says. "All this trouble over one she-wolf who can't even keep her shit together. Who is your mate?"

"Killian Monroe," I say.

"And how do you know this?" He asks.

"My wolf told me plus his scent, his touch, everything," I say.

"We're going to play a little game. Bring in the warriors," he shouts. " You are going to have to find your mate with your nose alone. Do that and I will let you go."

I was then blindfolded and spun in a circle. My hands were tied behind my back. I walked down a line smelling different men but not my Killian.

"He's not here," I say.

"Try again," he shouts.

I walk the line again but I don't smell my Killian.

"He's not here," I say.

"Well we know our scent blockers work," he says while chuckling. "Take off your shirts. You may use one finger to run across their chests to find your mate."

I hold one finger out and as I am led to the line I run it across every chest. Then I find Killian. He is number seven. "He is here," I say.

"Which one? The King asks. "Kiss him.

I put my hand up to Killian's face and kiss him. He tastes just like I remember. I have to remind myself of where we are and pull away.

The king laughs out loud and then looks at me seriously. "Take off your blindfold. As you can see, you chose correctly but you used your hand so you lose."

The guards come to take me away and I vomit right there on the floor. I start to hyperventilate.

"Give her a seat," the King says. "Why are you fighting over her, Marvin? She is defective."

I was sat down and I put my head between my knees. My panic begins to subside but I am completely embarrassed. I look at Killian and he puts on a small smile for me.

"Is there no other test I can perform for you, your majesty?" I ask.

"No. I am bored with this. Take your mate and go home. Go settle your fight like Alphas. I hereby drop all charges. If you want her Marvin, you will have to kill her mate."

"It will be my pleasure," Alpha Marvin says.

And then I see him. Number four in line.

Killian POV