✧. * eight *.✧

I felt my heartbeat dropped for a second as I saw her eyes filled with tears, the same eyes which always hold sparkles and boldness in it whenever she talks. For the first time I understand the importance of a smile on her bright face.

He kept looking at you despite hating to watch you, wiping off the tears falling down your chin. He was getting late for office but that wasn't something he was concern about at that moment. He was concern about you and the reason behind your sadness. He tried to speak up ending the silence, but he failed as you cut him off saying " Let's talk after your office. I'm going out now ".
and he stood there trying to figure out the situation.

You actually didn't have anything to do outside, you just got out to have some fresh air and clear your mind. You could feel that you were not walking alone, you were walking with a cloud of thoughts from last night on your head. As you were walking through some street, suddenly you bumped into a tall figure resulting his bag falling down from his hand. You quickly said sorry and sat down to collect the items for the person without realising that it was Minho ; you noticed only when you and him picked up the same item at the same time and made an eye contact.

" Y/n?!! you..here? it's been so long since i didn't see you " - he exclaimed with a chuckle, picking up his bag and putting in the last thing. You were also surprised to see him as you didn't meet him even once after you got married.
( if you remember, Minho used to be your coworker at the cafe you worked. )

It was nice to meet him, at that moment. I needed someone who could listen to me and I never could think of any other better choice than Minho. He has always listen to me, my problems, my mistakes and my never ending dramas of life , moreover  he helped me solving those, without a complaint.

Jeongin was almost ready to go to office but his mind was keeping him on circles, about you. He just couldn't stop thinking about you, about what happened. He was pissed not only at you but the way he was behaving, the way he was getting anxious. He was mad about the fact that you didn't tell him the reason behind your unusual behaviour.

He was just about to leave, looking at his watch for the last time when he saw the old maid coming inside and he quickly noticed her hand wrapped in bandaid. Not minding much, he thought to just welcome her and give complements about her food from last night. But his smile faded when she said in response , " but I didn't make the food, Y/n did. I burnt my hand yesterday while preparing the dishes and she made the whole cource by herself. didn't she tell you? " - Yeah! She didn't tell me -

Jeongin just got out without saying anything further. He was both amazed and sad that you made such delicious food for him and his stuff but he only made you angry. Although Jeongin never really likes to show that he cares, but he does, for everyone equally. He never wants to be the reason of someone's tears, he never wants to do wrong with someone who didn't do anything wrong with him and cuz it was you whom he made sad, it somehow hurt him more. Why? he doesn't know.

Maybe if I hadn't met Minho, I wouldn't get over that loop of sadness. But since someone was there to listen to me and that someone was Minho, i felt better.

As you told your whole story, Minho kept on silently listening to you with his eyes admiring the sight of your beauty which he used to praise. He knew it assuredly that he never could help you with your marriage problems but he still wanted to listen to you, he still wanted to try finding a solution of your problems and most importantly he just wanted to sat there beside you so that you don't feel alone .
Maybe he wasn't sitting only for you, he was doing so cuz his heart wanted to do it. He never realised how he missed you, dangerously ; how much he missed your voice, you calling his name in the most affectionate way according to him, the smell of your hair, your bright smile and simply the warmth he used to feel around you. He didn't realise it until today.

- But did he have the right to miss you in that way anymore? maybe not -

After talking to Minho, you came to the conclusion that you weren't sad only because of the 10 seconds lips touching you had with Jeongin, but you were more sad because Jeongin didn't remember it at all and that it didn't mean anything to him. You were mad at him because the 10 seconds lips touching wasn't a kiss.

" But why are you sad because of it if you know it didn't mean anything? " - Minho asked, which was supposed to be asked. The question only creeped into your head, but you didn't have any answer to it. Looking at your reaction Minho couldn't stop himself from getting insecure ; it was worthless but he couldn't help it. He found it funny too as he was afraid of losing in a losing game.

It was around 8 pm, you went back home finally. Jeongin was already sitting on the dining table, lowering his head, closing his eyes - looking absolutely awful. As soon as he heard footsteps of yours, he got up and felt his heart at ease seeing your face after the long day. His mind wasn't in the state to form words but he still tried, while you just stood there feeling the same as he was.
" Y/n! c- can i talk to you now? " - he said and you nodded, making your way to him.
As you both sat face to face, you both kept on looking at each other in silence until he cleared his throat to apologise.
" I want to apologise for whatever happened last night. I'm sorry for pissing you off and messing up things. I really- "

" It wasn't about that "- you cut him off saying it. His expression changed. You gulped feeling your heartbeat getting faster, as your mind already knew what you were about to say.

" It's because ( breath in ) ..b-because you kissed me. "

🐰 : How will Jeongin react now? are you curious? then continue the story and vote to show your support!