3.

I hoped that our students would like Thomasina. I did. I liked her a lot. I got to know her little bit through the weekend and I was sure she would be loved by the girls.

It was Monday morning when we entered the class, everyone's eyes were on us and I could hear all the quiet whispers.
All students fell silent with curiosity as we stood in front of the class.

"Good morning, ladies!" I greeted strictly.

"Good morning, Miss Blossom." Oh, I loved when they behaved. I took a quick glance at Thomasina and continued.

"So, I want to introduce you to your new teacher, Thomasina Topaz. She will help me to educate you, put into your heads everything a young woman needs to know. " I smiled softly at Thomasina as a sign for her to talk.

"Hello, girls. I'm honored to stand here in front of you. I will do my best to pass on all my knowledge to you." The way she talked to them was amazing. She was so kind, so... unreal.

"Do you have any questions?" She asked and looked around the class.

Only one hand raised among others. It was the youngest student we had, a fourteen years old Katarina.

"Yes, Katarina?"

"Uhm... If you don't mind me asking, Miss Topaz," She spoke slowly and her voice was full of nervousness. "what exactly will you teach us?"

All eyes were on us again.

"I'm an astronomer and scientist so with Miss Blossom's agreement, I'd love to teach you about these things." We didn't talked much about that, honestly. Teaching these young girls about science could be useful, but astronomy? I wasn't really sure.

"Of course. Science is important, at least the basics." I nodded and took a poetry collection of Emily Dickinson.

"So let's start today's lesson, we have a poetry to read."

***
Thomasina stayed through my lessons and I did the same while she talked about some basic science.

We prepared food for the girls since they had only one class in the afternoon, they always stayed here for the lunch.

"Abigail?" I twitched a little when Thomasina's voice filled the room.

"Uh-Yes?"

"I couldn't help but notice the chance of your expressions when I mentioned teaching astronomy." She was standing by my side, looking at me with her deep brown eyes...

God, this was wrong, so wrong...

I cleared my throat and tried to say normal sentence.

"That's correct... You see, I think it would be little too much for them. They're learning a lot already like... etiquette, literature, how to write and read properly and also how to take care of the household." She was quiet for a while as we moved around the kitchen in union. It was like we have done it so many times before.

"Do we have everything? Can we take the food now?" She shocked me with the change of subject. But I couldn't complain, I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"Sure."