7.

Since the night of Constable Keller's visit, Thomasina and I were really stressed out. She didn't leave Thornhill until necessary and I stayed in with her most of the time. I left only to buy groceries but that was it.

It was for the best if people didn't know about her living here in the first place. Constable would come back if he finds out and that can't happen.

"Abigail?"

"Yes, my love?" I tried to relax myself with painting, the problem was that I couldn't focus. The fear of losing my beloved Thomasina was too powerful to ignore and it was driving me crazy.

"Your aura tells me you are not feeling well. Something is bothering you, what's wrong?" She took a seat next to me, taking my brush away and placing it down. I get out a sigh and shook my head.

"It's nothing."

"Oh, please. I can see and feel that it's definitely not 'nothing'. Is it because of Keller?" I couldn't make myself look into her eyes. Of course it was because of him. What would happen if they find her here? She grabbed my chin between her fingers and turned my head to her so she could see my eyes.

"I love you, Abigail. And I will be with you forever, until death do us apart. But if you don't feel safe with me being here.. I'll leave."

"No! No, please don't go!" My voice got little too intense, but all she did was smile. A smile that told me everything would be alright.

But I shouldn't have believe that.

***
"Abigail Blossom! Open the door!"

An aggressive banging on the door woke us up as the noise filled the corridors of Thornhill. I was getting a little deja vu. The only difference was that feeling of fear running through my body. I glanced at Thomasina, telling her with my eyes to hide. I walked to the door, opening it just to look at the person outside, but I was forced to open it completely when a group of men pushed me to the side.

"What is happening? What are you doing?!" I got really angry. How dare they come here and act like they own this place?!

"We are doing our job, miss Blossom." A voice of Constable Keller made my blood boil. Why is he back...

"What are you talking abou-"

"We found her!" Oh no... My head immediately turned to the man, he and one more were holding my Thomasina. My heart skipped a beat. How did they even find out about us.

"Constable, it is not-"

"That's enough, Abigail. You were hiding a dangerous person from the police and that's a crime." I turned to look at Thomasina but her gaze was locked on the floor, avoiding my own.

"We have to take both of you with us. Now." Before I could do anything, a pair of strong arms grabbed me and aggressively dragged me out of my house.

***
"For the last time, Constable, I'm not telling you anything. I just want to see Thomasina." It was more than four hours, they didn't let me see her even once and I was getting anxious.

"If I let you see her, will you testify?" He asked defeated.

"Yes."

With a little nod we left the room and went through the halls to the basement. The air was damp, as well as the walls of the entire room.

"You have ten minutes." He unlocked the cell and let me go in, locking it again right after. It was dark in the room, the only light was from the small window. Thomasina was sitting in the corner of the room with her knees pressed to her chest.

"Thomasina?" I whispered. She must have been really cold, they didn't give her anything to heat up. I took of my cloak and put it around her shoulders. She finally looked up at me, her eyes were all puffy and full of tears.

"Abigail... I'm so sorry.. " Her voice was weak and cracking a lot. She was so physically weak and yet, so strong.

"Don't apologize, my love."

"This is all my fault. Look what happened to us..." She was shaking, I wasn't sure if it was because of the freezing room or of the crying, but I pulled her in for a tight hug anyway. I didn't know what else to do to calm both of us down.

"I knew what I was getting myself into, sweetheart." I kissed her forehead lovingly, turning her to me so I could lock our eyes.

"What are we gonna do?"

"I will confess."

"To what?"

"Everything."

No. No! They are gonna kill her if she confess... She knew that. That was the reason she was hiding in the first place!
She said she chose to live... then why is she choosing death now.

"You have to say that you were under my spell, Abigail."

"Are you crazy?!" I pulled away, looking into her eyes with pure anger and disbelief. I tried to find anything in her face expression that would tell me she wasn't serious.

"I don't want you to die too, love. I will anyway. You don't have to!"

"I can't live without you..." Tears started filling my eyes. I just found her, why do I have to lose her now.

"Abigail, you are and always will be my dream, do you hear me?" I nodded, crying uncontrollably and unable to stop. I placed my head into her neck, pulling her closer by her waist.

"You have to lie with me, you know it right?"

"I do... I just don't want to." I felt like I was betraying her. Like I was betraying my own soul.

"I love you so much, Abigail. I just want you to live."

"I know." We were both crying. How could we not, knowing we'll lose one another tonight.

"Something tells me I'm going to love you forever." I said as I placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

"Do you think we will fall in love in our next life?" I asked with tears running down my face. There's no way I'll lose her tonight.

"I'm sure about it, my love." She smiled sadly.

"Then let's make a promise." I sat between her legs, taking both of her hands in mine. She just raised her eyebrows in question.

"Promise me, we'll meet again. In this life or another."

"I promise."

And when two powerful witches make a promise, nothing except for them can break it.