11.

I cancelled all sessions with my friends after Jack's visit. I couldn't do this anymore, it was too much and couldn't risk more husbands coming after me. I planned to stay in bed all day with my favorite book and a glass of wine. When my thoughts got a bit distracted, I heard a loud knock on the front door. Oh please, not again.

I opened the door and saw Natalia. My heart skipped a beat just like the first time my eyes landed on her.

"Natalia? What are you doing here?" She checked me up and down before answering.

"Did I come at the wrong time? I see you didn't expect visitors." She looked amused, I was basically still in pyjamas at one in the afternoon.

"No one comes here on Wednesdays and weekends."

"Oh well... I'll leave then, sorry." Her sad smile made my eyes soften. She came all the way here so it'd be rude to kick her out, right?

"Wait. Come inside."

"But you just-"

"Please?" Natalia hesitated but got along and walked pass me inside.

****
I let Natalia to the living room and went to change. I put on some sweater and pants and returned back to her.

"Without lipstick today, I see?" I didn't even think of doing my makeup this time since I was kind of depressed. But maybe I should have at least put some lipstick...

"Yeah, I didn't want you to wait for too long." She just nodded with tiny smile on her face.

"You look..."

"Horrible? Yes, I know." I sat down across from her on the big couch with a sigh.

"No, you look beautiful. But kinda sad?" I wasn't sure if I should tell her about the visit few days ago. She was Tammy's friend after all and could tell her anytime. And also... she lived on the Southside, southsiders didn't have a good reputation after all.

"You don't have to tell me, but I'm a good listener." She winked at me and my cheeks started to get red. What's happening to me.

"Long story short... Bitsy's husband came here on Saturday. He was mad because I tried to help Bitsy." Her eyebrows were raised up in confusion.

"I'm not sure what to say. Was he rude?"

"You could say that, yes." I decided to explain everything. Something in her was telling me I could trust her and I did. She looked mad when I finished.

"I understand why he got mad. But that was totally rude, you didn't deserve that, Poppy." She got up and took a seat next to me. She must've seen my tears I failed to hide and grabbed my chin to lock our eyes.

"You just wanted to help. It's not your fault, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded and she wiped my tears away.

"Thank you, Talia."

"I always hated when people called me that." I got nervous, maybe I should have asked her before giving her a nickname.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again."

"No, it's okay. It feels special from you." We stayed like that for a while, with my chin still in between her fingers and I once again couldn't help the blush on my cheeks.