5.

🤍🤍🤍

I practically rushed home right after school. I was weirdly excited to go over to Nathan's house, even though it's right next door.

Which I hadn't realized at the time...

I quietly opened the front door of my house as to not wake up my mother just in case she was hungover once again.

Thankfully she wasn't in the living room and I shut the front door behind me. I tiptoed up the stairs and into my room to change clothes.

I knew I probably should've checked on my mother to make she hadn't choked on her own vomit or something, but I actually wasn't concerned about her.

I'm sure she would be fine after I leave...

She's never bothered to check on me any other time.

I strip off my baby pink hoodie and jeans, then stand in the middle of my walk in closet trying to decide what to wear.

Nate mentioned his house has a pool...maybe I should bring a swimsuit.

I settle on a regular two piece black bikini, and put on a white sweater dress on top of it just to preserve my modesty.

I tie my hair up into a bun, and put on some white flip flops to finish off my look.

Should I go over right away?

Or do I keep them waiting...

I ultimately decided to keep them waiting for a few extra minutes before my excitement kicks in and I decide to leave. As I exit my room I listen to my mother snore obnoxiously from her bedroom, but that makes it easier for me to escape.

I make it all the way downstairs and to the front door.

I gently close and lock the door behind me and exhale a sigh relief as I breathe in the outside air. The sun was actually setting and the sky was a beautiful mix of orange and purple.

I've always appreciated a good sunset

I turn my head away from the sky and look over to the house next door; the one I will soon be heading to. While I'm walking across the grass I notice the multiple cars in the driveway that definitely weren't there this morning.

Before I knew it I was standing right before the front door and hesitating to knock. It really shouldn't be so hard to raise my hand to knock, but here I am stressing over it.

Okay you can do this

All you have to do is knock, raise your hand and knock

...

Why aren't I doing anything!?

...

Ugh just knock!!

I finally bought my hand up to gently knock on the front door and wait anxiously for the door to be opened.

Oh god what if I'm at the wrong house?

No, Serenity calm down just be patient...

I started getting second thoughts and was just about to leave when the door swung open and there was Nathan with a smile on his very handsome face.

"Sorry about the wait, just some...technical difficulties."

She hears Luke laughing in the background as Gabriel scoffs at him "Wasn't no technical difficulties you fuck!"

Nathan rolls his eyes but steps aside to let her into his home. He closes the door and pays full attention to her once more "As you can see those two have been no help whatsoever." He points to Luke and Gabriel who are lounging on the couch.