2.

🤍🤍🤍

The 3 of us make it to the cafeteria so we can relax for a bit before the bell rings for 1st period.

"Soo Serenity...I couldn't help but notice that you were a bit distracted today."

So much for relaxing

"I don't know what you're talking about Hayoon." I try to deny, but I know she can read me like an open book.

"Uh huh."

I told you so.

"So you weren't checking them out too?" She crosses her arms in disbelief.

Wait too?!

Kai interrupts before I could ask my question "Wait who was checking Serenity out?" Oh boy here comes overprotective big brother mode. "Wait did you see them?!"

"Yes Kai I saw them."

Kai stands up "No way not happening."

Hayoon looks at him "Kai don't ruin this for me or I will withhold from you." Kai sits back down quickly.

"That's what I thought." Hayoon looks at me again "Anyways you mean to tell me you didn't notice them staring at you while you were talking to us?"

"They practically drilled holes into your head!"

I wanted to believe her.

Really I did.

But mother would always criticize my body when I was younger. Especially around the time I started going through puberty and began growing into my body.

She was always so critical over everything...

Why aren't your breast bigger?

You're hair is nappy you should straighten it!

Why are you always swaying your hips you whore?!

It took years to finally get her harsh words out of my head, but even after everything she said...I still loved her.

Because she was still my mom.

Hayoon must've picked up on my mood shifting because she tells Kai we're heading to the restroom before taking my wrist and walking out of the cafeteria.

We don't actually head to the restroom, but instead we end up upstairs looking over the edge of the balcony. Hayoon pulls me into a gentle hug and begins rubbing circles on my back with her hand.

"I'm sorry Serenity."

I hug her back "It's fine I know you didn't mean for it to affect me, I just let my thoughts wonder that's all."

Hayoon pulls back from the hug and takes both of my hands into hers "You're beautiful Serenity."

I almost pulled away because I know what she's about to do.

But I think I needed the reassurance today, so I let her continue.

"You're so lovely to be around, and you're such a great friend to me and Kai. You try your best to be positive everyday despite your home life not being so perfect. "

"You're smile can light up a room and anyone can recognize your sweet voice anywhere. Your hair is so beautiful in its natural state of thick curls while in your signature afro. Your face is gorgeous, and your eyes are the loveliest Hazel color I've ever seen and you're skin is so healthy and beautiful, so don't let your so called mother call you darkie again okay?"