16: The Past

May 8th 2022
Chièvres Air Base
1:22 PM

Erik is currently escorting Sylvester through the halls as he's done nothing but complain and his obnoxious British accent isn't helping.

Sylvester: "I need bloody medical attention you bastard!" He says but Erik shoves him forward.

Erik: "You'll receive it when we deem it necessary, for now I suggest you get comfy in your cell." He retorts while pushing the Brit into the cell and closes it and locks it.

John: "So this is Sylvester Watts? Why is his nose broken?" He asks curiously.

Erik: "Courtesy of Ivelisse's hospitality, if I hadn't been there? Watts would look much worse... She nearly lost her damn marbles." Which gains John's attention.

John: "Where is she now?"

Meanwhile in the woman's locker room, Ivelisse is washing her face by the sink and places her hands on the sink while looking in the mirror. She looks at herself seeing her own pained eyes.

She closes them remembering parts of her childhood she wishes would just die.

Claire: "Ivelisse, the director would like to talk you." She says and notices Ivelisse's concerning body language.

Ivelisse: "Okay." She says removing herself from the sink and walks past Claire exiting the locker room. She heads for John's office but bumps into him in the hallway. "You wanted to see me?"

John: "I looked over the report... Says you nearly went ballistic on Watts." He says causing Ivelisse to cross her arms and sigh.

Ivelisse: "I was in the heat of the moment director, a one time thing." She replies but can tell John isn't buying it.

John: "Your dossier said you had a temper but that was listed as off field... What did Watts do to piss you off?" He questions as Ivelisse shakes her head.

Ivelisse: "He's a sex trafficker sir, a piece of garbage."

John: "Everyone we've gone after is a piece of garbage, this is personal for you." He says reading Ivelisse accurately who leans against a wall uncomfortably. "Have you talked with Dr Wong yet?"

Ivelisse: "No..." She replies sounding annoyed.

John: "If there's things you need to get off your chest then she is the one to talk to."

Ivelisse: "It's not that simple, my problems aren't just some thing I can talk about and feel good about it... It's painful for me." She says while pacing around.

John can tell this is actually mentally exhausting and painful for Ivelisse, what that may be.

John: "It's a painful band-aid that's barely staying together... I get it Hernandez, but it's one you're gonna have to rip off eventually." He says as Ivelisse turns to him and takes a deep breath thinking about this. "How bout this? I'll let you interrogate Watts... To get it out of your system."

Ivelisse: "That works... I think." She says honestly surprised that he offered this to her. "I'll leave you be." Walking away from John who calls out to her.

John: "If there's anything you need? Just ask."

Ivelisse nods and takes her leave eventually standing before Dr Wong's office reluctant to enter.

Owen: "You alright?" He asks walking up to her as he can tell she's not well.

Ivelisse: "Would you mind coming in with me?" She questions causing Owen to raise his brow.

Owen: "Um... Sure but why?"

Ivelisse: "There's... Something I need to get off my chest, and you need to hear it from me." She replies as Owen is confused by this but nods as they both enter.