2: Big Ben & London bridge

April 5th 2022
Rochester England UK
2:20 PM

John Blackburn is in a cafe waiting for a contact of his as he has his hands interlocked tapping his foot against the floor while looking around with his brown eyes. His black beard has patches of grey here and there as he cracks his knuckles and looks to the seeing an early forties British woman with her brunette hair tied back.

John: "Serena Winchester." He greets with Serena sitting before him.

Serena: "cut to the chase Blackburn, I was spending quality time with my son... Who I barely get to see as it is." She says bitterly as John clears his throat.

John: "very well, recently there was raid operation in Rize Turkey... It was a joint op between Delta Force and Maroon Berets, nobody knew of the op besides the two parties involved... The purpose was to eliminate the terrorists and take whatever gear they had." He says handing the report to Serena who looks through it.

Serena: "White phosphorus and biohazard containers, that seems a bit much for upstart terrorists."

John: "that's what we thought, but when they tried getting the hazards out of there? Another group arrived... Killing most of the ops." He says sliding over still images of the hostiles.

Serena: "these blokes look like mercenaries." She says as John nods in agreement.

John: "yeah but the two survivors, Obertyner and Demir described them having high end gear, even shit that's isn't on the market yet and advanced military tactics." As Serena hums at this statement.

Serena: "so a small PMC with best training and gear money can buy happens to disrupt a Operation nobody was supposed to know about? Sounds like a good mystery." She replies as John raises his brow at her enthusiasm. "I'll call some of my people and they'll relate that to the government... Now I'm gonna go spend my valuable time with my son." She says leaving the cafe but John catches up with her.

John: "one last thing, I want you to be aware that things might get worse with this... Just a heads-up." He says as Serena opens the door to her car and glances at John.

Serena: "when don't these situations get worse John?" She asks rhetorically as they both know the answer to that as she gets in her car and drives while john walks the street a bit till he finds one of his CIA colleagues Owen Copeland, of the CIA SAD leaning against a wall and looking through his phone.

John: "Owen." He says making Owen jump a bit.

Owen: "Jesus! You can not do that to me old man!" He says as John shakes his head in annoyance feeling like that was an overreaction.

John: "calm down and let's go, we got things to do." He says as Owen reluctantly walks with him.

Owen: "what makes you think these muppets will attack here?" He asks in a terrible impression of a British accent.

John: "cause the UK is a target I'd consider besides the US, France, Germany etc." He says as Owen sees his point.

Owen: "right so countries that actually matter, in that case Luxemburg should be safe." He says jokingly as John shakes his head at the sarcasm.

John: "I really wonder how you're even a CIA operative." He says as Owen chuckles a bit.

Owen: "just cause I'm a CIA operative doesn't mean I have to be all broody and moody... That's more your style." He jokes once again with John giving a stare telling him to get his act together. "Alright alright I'll get my game face on, wanna check recent supply listings? See if anything sticks out?"

John: "you can do that, I'll check in with MI-5 intelligence." He says calling for a cab for Owen who sighs somewhat.

Owen: "alright... I'll call ya if I find anything." He says getting into the cab which drives as John looks through his list of contacts and clicks on the one listed as MI-5.