Chapter 7

Ben’s POV

“OOOH! That must’ve hurt!” Carl, the guy I just met in the pool, said after Mason’s epic fail from the diving board.

“That guy got some balls!” Someone said. 

I looked into the deep end where Mason had entered.

“Hmm.” The girl next to me said and touched my shoulder. “Oh well. Where were we?” She said.

“Nowhere.” I said. I slipped out of the pool quickly and looked into the deep end. I turned to Carol who gave me a skeptical look.

“Is he okay?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Mason’s a good swimmer. He should’ve come up by now.” She said. She lowered her heart-shaped glasses and looked in the deep end. I squinted and could’ve sworn I saw Mason shaking before his body went limp.

“Oh God!” Carol screamed. “He needs help!” She yelled. The entire pool became alert, knowing the full issue now.

Without thinking, I dove into the water and began swimming as fast as I could. Thank you mother for making me take those swimming lessons when I was little.

I reached the bottom and saw Mason’s body was limp. I scooped him up in my arms and began to carry him by swimming up. 

I broke the surface and threw Mason’s body onto the deck and climbed up. Carol quickly bent down and checked his chest. 

“He’s not breathing!” She said. “Anyone know CPR!!” She said to the crowd around us.

“I do!” I said. I bent down next to Mason and first checked his pulse. 

It’s weak, but still there. I conjoined my hands and pushed.

‘Ah-ah-ah-ah, stayin alive, stayin alive.’ I sung in my head.

I grabbed Mason’s lips and gave him CPR, mouth to mouth. This is no time to enjoy this! I need to save him!

“C’mon, Mase!” I said while continuing my method.

I kept the movements consistent, making sure I didn't speed up or slow down.

“Has anyone called 911!” Someone yelled.

“What’s the number!?” Another yelled.

I focused on the man before me. 

After two minutes, Mason started coughing up water. He sat up and spat out water. 

“Ooooh fuck!” He groaned while clutching his stomach. “Shit that hurt!” He said.

“Thank God, Mase. I thought I lost you!” I said. Carol came and put a towel over Mase’s body. He clutched it and hid his face.

“Did that actually happen?” He muttered.

“Oh yeah! Everyone saw it.” Carol said, not making Mase feel better.

“You saved me, Ben!” Mase said. 

“I guess.” I blushed a bit. Mase touched his lips, his face redding up.

“Can we go home?” He asked.

“Yeah. I’ll carry everything. You don’t move a muscle!” I said. I helped Mase up, enjoying our bare chests touching. 

I picked up our stuff. For the first time, I was serving someone else. 

“Call me when you get home.” Carol said. She gave me a wink. 

“Bye Carol.” He said. We walked out of the pool, still wet and hungry.

That was our first kiss. If you could call it a kiss. His lips were so soft. He must use Burt’s Bees, the good stuff. 

I need more of him.

------

might do double uploads so i can finish this story...

bye! i love you all!

<3