Chapter 5

Mason's POV

"It's hot ass fuck today!" Ben said as he barged into my room like he owned the place.

"My friend Carol invited me to the pool." I said.

"Perfect! Let's go!" He said.

We packed a few things like sunscreen and made our way to the town's pool. On our way there, I couldn't stop staring at Ben's legs. They were so... sexy! Who knew legs were sexy!? His are!

"MASON!" I heard a voice yell out my name when we entered the gated area. I looked around until I found Carol, waving over to us. She had some seats saved. Bless her.

"Carol!" I said and hugged her. She smiled and turned her attention to Ben. Oh right! Ben is new. No one has seen Ben before.

"Carol, this is Ben. He's from California. Ben, this is Carolina, my best friend." I said. Ben gave his amazing smile to Carol.

"Ohoho, Mason! I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" She said. Classic Carol. Finding ways to make things uncomfortable.

"No, Carol. He's just a friend." I said. Someone yelled 'cannonball' and a huge splash came from the pool.

"Here," I said and grabbed the stuff Ben was holding. "I'll put our stuff down." I said.

"Thanks, Mase." He said, using the nickname only my mom calls me. Not even Carol is allowed to call me that. And she noticed.

"Mase? I can't even say that!" She said.

"Cause I'm different!" Ben said.

"Why don't you go into the pool, Ben." I told him like he was a child.

Ben removed his shoes and slid off his shirt. Holy fuck I need a cold shower.

This man is ripped. His muscular chest glistened from the sweat forming from the heat. He had slight hair on his pecs and a treasure trail leading down from his belly button and lower.

"You're drooling." Carol whispered in my ear. I snapped out and wiped my mouth. I looked around. I wasn't the only one admiring Adonis here.

"I'll see you in a few minutes." He said. "Could you get snacks ready for me?" He asked. How can I say no to him? He's adorable.

"Yeah sure." I said. Ben turned and jumped into the pool, making me wet in more ways than one.

"Oh my God just kiss already!" Carol yelled, sitting in her seat and putting on her heart shaped shades. Her red hair blew in the wind, wavy and long.

"I wish. I don't know. Ben is great and all, but I don't want to fall for him. He's not staying here for the whole summer." I said.

"Why is Ben here in Verona? Where's the rest of his family?" She asked.

"Great question. I really don't know. All I know is that his family is powerful, CEOs for some companies." I said.

"Don't you think it's weird that he just kinda popped out of nowhere? Someone like Ben can go anywhere he wants but he choses here?" Carol said. Now that she mentions it, it doesn't really add up.

"I'm sure he has his reasons. I'll probably ask him later." I laid in my seat and watched Ben.

"Looks like he's made friends with Dylan and Carl." She said. I saw Ben throwing the ball back and forth with other people, his biceps flexing when he stretched his arms.

"I get the feeling that Ben might do something to my life." I stared at Ben longer.

"Like how?" She asked, catching on to my pondering.

"I don't know how exactly. But I get the feeling this summer might be different from the years before." I pulled out the snacks and prepped everything for Ben. I know he doesn't like the crust. And he drinks juice from a cup, not from the box. Poshy fuck!

"Have you noticed he kinda has a French accent?" Carol asked.

"HUH?" I asked. French accent? I hadn't noticed it before. It's like he turned it off for a while. French? Cali people don't have French accents!

Yeah, something is up with Ben.

It's only a matter of time before I discover it myself.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3