Chapter 3

Mason’s POV

Shit there’s a hot guy following me! This only happens in movies or fan fictions! Not a kid in the middle of nowhere. I mean what do I do? Do I turn to talk to him? What if we run into each other? I wouldn’t mind running into his huge pecs. 

I just want to poke them.

“How much farther is it?” He asked. Did I mention his voice makes me quiver. Something about his voice just screams authority. He is from Cali, afterall. They believe they can get whatever they want. 

“We’re here.” I said. I looked up at the homey home of homiests homes. I’ve lived here for my entire life. 

“Oh this looks cute.” Ben said. Cute? 

“In you go, your highness.” I said. I saw him tense up a bit but then let out a weird laugh. Weird.

“MOMMA!” I yelled. In came my walking incubator who held me for nine months.

“Oh, Mase. Who’s your friend?” She asked. Mom knows all my friends. Bit of a surprise for me to bring a hunk into my home. If she wasn’t so naive, she would’ve assumed he was my boyfriend.

“Mom, this is Ben. He’s from Cali and needs a place to stay.” I explained. 

“Pleasure to meet you ma’am.” He said. I leaned a bit closer to him.

“You don’t need to act like a gentleman.” I whispered.

“I was raised properly, idiot.” He chuckled. 

“Ooh, Cali. Have you ever met a celebrity? And are the beaches really that nice?” Mom asked. Ben began to sweat a bit.

“Yes and yes.” he said, though he sounded hesitant.

“Mom!” I said to stop her from talking. “I’m taking him to the guest room.” I said. 

“Lunch’ll be ready in a few minutes. Clean up.” She screamed. We walked up the stairs and I led Ben who would stop to look at all the pictures in the hallway.

“Aww you’re so little here.” He awed.

“Yeah. That’s called being a baby.” I sarcastically said. I opened the door to the room next to mine.

“Ooh this looks comfortable.” He said. Pretty sure that’s a nice way of saying it’s not that great but passable to some expectations.

“There’s the bathroom across from here. The window opens to let in cold air. Trust me, it gets hot during this time around.” I said.

“Perf.” He responded. We sat on the bed in silence.

“So…” I said. “What’s your family like?” I asked.

“”Er, they’re like any other family.” Feel like he’s lying. “They’re… let’s say… royalty.” He said.

“Oh, like the Kardashians?” I asked.

“Yeah… something like that.” 

“What do they do?” I asked.

“Um, order people around.” He mumbled

“So like CEOs.” I responded.

“Mmhmm. Sure.” I feel like there’s something he’s not saying. I figure I’ll let him keep his secrets since I barely just met the man. I just hope he isn’t some wanted outlaw or missing person. 

You can never know who someone is.

“Kiddos! Lunch!” Mom yelled.

“Wash your hands. See you downstairs.” I said. 

“Thank you, Mason. For letting me stay here. I’ll make it up to you.” He said.

“Wanna make it up to me? Buy me ice cream.”

“You got it.” He snapped his fingers. Someone take me before I hop on this man and ride him towards the sunset.

I exited the room before I said something I’ll regret.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3