Chapter 9

Harry let's out a loud laugh, startling Louis out of the little imaginary world he's created.

"Tone it down Styles." Louis says trying to keep himself together. He knows it's only a matter of time before he snaps.

"You're the most boring person ever." Harry rolls his eyes and turns back towards his cellphone.

"I think I made it clear to not bring any gadgets in here with you Mr. Styles." The teacher lowers her glasses and glares at Harry and goes back to grading papers.

"What else am I supposed to do? This is honestly worse than my parents having sex."

"Well you should've thought about it before you decided to pick a fight during lunch break." The teacher says in a very monotonous voice. She extends her hand forward, gesturing for Harry to give her his phone.

"Alright fine, I swear I won't use it again."

"I won't ask a second time Mr. Styles."

Harry groans and hands his phone to the teacher.

Louis goes back to reading his book. This detention is actually not bad, well accept for this dickhead here. Louis thinks.

"You're such a nerd." Harry turns around to look at Louis again.

"Don't you have any homework to do?" Louis says without looking up. He turns to the next page.

For a while Harry remains silent and then releases a loud sigh, chewing the insides of his cheek, he says, "Look I shouldn't have said that."

"It's okay. Just let it go." Louis says in a dangerously calm voice. Harry feels it's the calm before the storm.

"Don't give me that bullshit."

The teacher clears her throat. Harry rolls his eyes for what feels like the millionth time this day and goes to sit beside Louis.

"I'm just saying it was none of my business to comment about your family."

Louis doesn't say anything. He remains in the same exact position, highlighting a sentence in the book with a pencil.

"Louis are you even listening to me?" Harry bangs his fist against the desk a little too loudly and Louis visibly flinches, though he didn't intend to.

"I told you it's okay. Piss off now." Louis says harshly and gets up from his seat. "Miss, I need to use the washroom." Louis says. It's sounds more like a statement than asking for permission. He gets up and walks out of the room, leaving Harry sitting there like a clueless child who lost his parents at the fair.

After a while Harry grabs Louis' book tossed carelessly on the desk and gives the teacher the same excuse who seems the least bit interested to give a shit about them. She gives him a look but let's him go anyways.

"Tomlinson!" Harry shouts from a distance once he sees his silhouette in the bright afternoon light.

"Leave me alone Styles!" Louis finally snaps at him.

"Relax angel, you forgot your book."

"Don't fucking call me that!" Louis snatches the book from Harry's hand, stuffing it in his backpack.

"Easy there." Harry let's out a weird chuckle.

"You didn't have the right to talk about my fucking relationship with my father. It's none of your goddamn business."

"And I would like to apologise for it, if you would just let me." Harry says in a much more calmer tone than Louis.

"Harry honestly I can hit you so fucking hard right now so it's best if you leave." Louis' jaw shifts and he can practically hear his teeth gritting.