Chapter 3

Louis opens the front door carefully, cautious of making any sound. He enters inside and closes the door behind him just as slowly and quietly.

"What have I told you about coming home late at night Louis?" His dad's voice startles him, causing him to drop the keys from his hand.

He doesn't dare to make eye contact with his father and stands with his head low. Suddenly his vans are way more interesting to look at.

"Where were you?" His dad asks in a stern voice.

"At- at Liam's." Louis lies. He knows his father will get mad angry and mentally curses himself for stuttering.

"And may I know what you were doing there?"

"W- we had a class project. It's really important for- for the overall academic sc- score."

"You have the whole weekend. You could've done whatever project you have tomorrow." His dad reasons.

"We thought it was best if we completed it today itself. Then we'd have the whole weekend to ourselves."

"It's past midnight. You really thought I wouldn't know if you were gone? I called you several times, why didn't you pick up?" His father says taking a step closer to him, making him take a step back.

"I- I'm sorry. I put my phone on silent. That's why I didn't get your phone calls." Louis lies again, well it's not entirely false as he did put his phone on silent. He knows he's in trouble but if he told his dad the truth, he'd be a dead fish in no time.

"You know what happens when you don't pick up my calls, don't you sweetheart?" Troy says taking another step closer. Troy knows he can be intimidating which he always uses as his advantage against his son.

"I know. I'm- I'm sorry." Louis whispers.

"What was that? I didn't quite hear it."

"I said I'm sorry."

"Oh Louis." His father takes another step closer to him. Louis tries to take a step back but his back hits the door and that's when he really shits his pants, he has no escape. He could always knock his dad unconscious, but that's not gonna be easy.

"My sweet baby boy. Why do you have to make me so angry all the time? I don't want to punish you but you leave me no choice. You disappoint me son." His father says, caressing Louis' cheek softly with his thumb.

Louis feels uncomfortable to the touch and tries to lean back from it, but his father firmly places his hand on Louis' chin, keeping it in place.

Louis' breath become shallow and he thinks he's going to puke. He looks anywhere but at his father. Troy can be so fucking scary.

"Go grab my cigar." His father instructs.

"Wh- what?" Louis asks.

"You heard me. Grab my cigar." Troy says raising his voice. Louis does as he's told and brings the cigar and a lighter, giving it to his father.

"Light it for me."

Louis looks at his dad to make sure what he heard was correct.

"How many times do I have to repeat myself boy?" Troy says getting frustrated.

Louis lights up the cigar and gives it to Troy, who takes it from Louis' hand and takes a puff. He walks away from Louis and sits on the couch in the living room. Louis sees it as his cue to leave and makes his way to the stairs but his father stops him.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To my room." Louis says.

"You're not. Come sit with me here. You barely spend time with your old man." Troy tells him patting the seat next to him. Louis hesitates and doesn't move from his spot but another stern look from his father and he slowly makes his way to the couch, sitting next to Troy.

hate you, with love (L.S)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें