Chapter 5

"Get up. I don't have time for this bullshit." Louis startles awake the next day to the voice of his dad.

"Wh- What?"

"I said get up and get dressed you dipshit! We have to go to the Church."

"Can I please stay home. I'm not feeling well." Louis sneezes. 

"You'll feel better once I drag you down to the living room. Stop fucking pretending and put some clothes on! It's really fucking important."

''Dad I-'' Louis tries to say as he is gets in a coughing fit.

''Look a lot of parents and their kids are gonna be there and so is Liam's family. They can get suspicious if you don't move your ass to the car right now. So cut out that little bullshit of yours and get fucking dressed. I don't want to hear anything else." Troy says slamming the door on his way out.

Louis doesn't dare to talk back, he knows better than that and slowly gets out of bed. Every muscle of his body aches while doing so. He makes his way to the bathroom and fishes out some warm fresh clothes for himself to wear. 

"Louis if you don't come down right this fucking second, I swear to god you're gonna get it from me, and a very good one this time." Troy yells from downstairs.

"Coming!" Louis says from the bathroom with every ounce of vocal power left in him. He thinks he's going to get sick if he stays out for too long, but he doesn't want to upset his dad further more, especially not in front of everybody in the church. 

His hair is still wet from last night's events and he's getting a massive headache. However, Louis pushes through it and comes down just in time for his dad to head out of the house.

"We're already late because of you. Don't just fucking stand there now." Troy tells him, his anger visible from the way his eyebrows frown.

"Dad, my head is pounding." Louis says in a low voice while buckling in his seat belt.

''What do you want me to do about it, huh!? It's because of that phone of yours."

"Can we just get some ibuprofen or something on our way?"

"We are already late! How more late do you want to be!? Deal with it. I don't give a shit about whether you live or die. No one should have to deal with a kid like you." Troy says with bitterness coating his voice.

Those words sting Louis worse than any wasp or needle could. Does his dad really hate him that much? 

Louis stays quiet for rest of the ride to the Church, looking out the window. His head is hurting like crazy but he sucks it up. It doesn't matter though, does it?

They reach the Church and Louis can recognize a lot of cars from his school. John parks his car and they both get out of it.

"Don't even dare say one word about anything that happened yesterday to your dear friend, Liam. One word and you're good as dead. Understand that boy?" Troy whispers into Louis' ear. Small goosebumps arise on Louis' skin and he nods his head slowly. 

They run into Liam's family outside the Church. Before approaching them and with a pretentious smile on his face, Troy says to Louis, "Smile you idiot." Louis puts on a fake smile as told which doesn't quite reach his eyes.

"Mr. Payne! So nice to meet you!" Troy hugs Liam's dad. While the parents are busy talking, Liam grabs Louis' hand and they sit on one of the church benches inside. 

"Alright before you come at me for not attending the party, I'd like to make a few things clear. First, I'm really sorry for standing you up."

"Yeah you should be, you moron. I had to play bear pong with Niall there! And don't get me wrong, he's a lovely lad but he can get too much sometimes, like chaotic." Louis whispers the last part just in case Niall is close by and decided to eavesdrop their conversation.