◦༻ 41...Looking Back On Our Memories

Start from the beginning

Beatrice vanishes into thin air before Yushi Huang can say anything to her.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

"HOW DARE YOU WEAR THAT!" Ya Wenling roars, slamming Beatrice against the wall as she grips the collar of her robes with venom. Beatrice doesn't fight back, she just remains still. "WHY ARENT YOU FIGHTING BACK?!" She screams through tears.

Beatrice pauses for a moment, her hands hanging at her sides as she stares at Ya Wenling through her veil. She tries to remind herself that she hates this woman, but she can't bring herself to actually convince that point.

"I'm scared I'll hurt you. But it doesn't seem like you feel the same way." Beatrice says, her voice plain and lacking of any emotion. Ya Wenling goes silent for a few moments, unable to respond. So she proceeds with actions instead.

She drops Beatrice and glares down at her with angry tears in her eyes. Beatrice looks down at the ground, her tears hidden under her veil.

"I hate you, Beatrice." Ya Wenling grits through her teeth.

"Tell me something I don't know."

Ya Wenling whirls around and storms away, until Beatrice speaks up again.

     "You know, I miss Mei too." Ya Wenling halts and turns to Beatrice with a death glare in her eyes, ready to retort until Beatrice silences her with words Ya Wenling could never expect from her.

     "I've loved Mei too. I never made a move since she was my teacher, and she didn't feel the same way. But I still loved her." Ya Wenling is deemed speechless as Beatrice lifts her head from the ground.

     "I'm allowed to miss her too. You fucking bitch." Beatrice tightens her fists and a cold breath of air whistles through the temple they're in. The air lifts her veil just enough to reveal her dark expression that's crowned by crystal-like tears. Beatrice curses and rips the veil off, frustration overtaking her as her aura strengthens.

     Before Ya Wenling can respond, the temple doors open with a quiet creak. Both of the women inside lose their ability to breath as soon as their eyes land on the woman there.

     "Quite the confession." Heng Mei muses, her arms crossed as she leans against the pillar of the temple. Ya Wenling falls to her knees at the sight of the face of her lover. Heng Mei raises an eyebrow at her before gazing over to Beatrice, taking in the situation.

     "It's also quite shocking to me that you're both still fighting about my reincarnation, Mei Farewell I believe. I mean, it's a bit immature, isn't it?" Beatrice bites back a cold remark at Heng Mei's sarcastic tone. Ya Wenling glares at her ghostly figure with even more venom than she did with Beatrice.

     Heng Mei is almost transparent, but the outline of her features is still prominent enough to be recognized.

     "Who summoned you?!" Beatrice hisses, keeping her eyes locked on Heng Mei as the woman walks throughout the temple.

     "You did, actually." Beatrice gawks at Heng Mei and Ya Wenling shoots Beatrice a dirty look. Beatrice returns the look just as quickly.

     "Now before you go calling me a liar, know that this is not a very rare occurrence. When Death builds up enough resentful energy, they can accidentally break a rule or two. Xiu Y/n can tell you about that by the way—"