I want that too

"I want my mornings to be like this until the very last time I wake up." Lindsey said, stroking Stevie's nude back as she was lying half on top of him. "With you."

"Well, I would appreciate it if we didn't talk about dying just yet!"

"You're the romantic out of the band, you get what I mean."

"I do." She smiled, pressing small kisses on his chest. "And I want that too."

"Can you believe we're finally headed the right way? Nobody is stopping us from being together anymore."

"We've been kept separate for long enough, don't you think?"

"We showed everyone that nothing and no one will break the connection between us, there's too much love we have for each other for time to make it fade away."

"The poet in you is up early today!"

"You know what else is up early today?" Lindsey asked, suggestively.

"And it's gone!" Stevie giggled as he pushed her onto her back, leaving kisses all over her face. "You make me so happy." She took his face in her hands, once he slowed down.

"I'm determined to make that feeling stay. You've been hurt for too long and by too many people, me including."

"Linds, I've kept a daughter away from you for twenty five years, I don't think you've ever done anything as bad."

"Yes, but my daughter wants to get to know me as her dad and I couldn't think of asking for more."

She pulled him closer for a kiss and shortly, his hands began to wander, but a knock on the door to Stevie's bedroom stopped them. "Breakfast!" They heard Nicole say and Lindsey faked a disappointed sigh.

"I was planning on eating you for breakfast."

"Lindsey!" Stevie smacked his arm, then burst into a fit of laughter.

"Oh well, nobody said I can't have you for desert tonight." He winked and rolled off her, to let her get dresses, as he did the same.

"Morning." Stevie smiled at Nicole and was pleasantly surprised, when her daughter not only said it back, but also approached her for a hug and left a kiss on her cheek. Lindsey and Nicole settled for a less affectionate 'good morning' and all three of them sat down to eat. "When did you wake up? You've prepared so much for all of us!"

"Too early, I couldn't sleep last night. I barely did at all. And what about you two?"

"Well..."

"You didn't sleep much either, I get it. Although, probably for different reasons."

Stevie's cheeks turned slightly pink and Nicole laughed, having a sip of her orange juice. "It's okay, mom. You're a grown woman, with the man you love by your side. You don't have to be embarrassed."

"It kind of is embarrassing, when it's coming from my daughter..."

"You know, I've always found it funny how sex talk is pretty much taboo for you, mom. It's natural, everybody does it, I do it too."

"Nicole!" She gasped, making Lindsey and Nicole laugh. "You two are more alike than you think!"

"She's right, you can do a lot, but you won't ever talk about it."

"Okay, I think this is about enough for one lovely morning." Stevie slid off the high stool and went to put her empty plate into the sink. "I've been meaning to ask you, Nic. When are you going back to work?"

"Actually, today..."

"Oh." She was clearly disappointed Nicole had to be leaving already.

"I'm not going to be on the road for much longer. I'll be back before you know it."

"And then it's us heading on tour."

"Mom, don't get upset. I have to work and so do you. Who knows, maybe I'll join you two and we can travel together."

"Oh that would be amazing!"

Nicole didn't want to kill of Stevie's excitement, so she just smiled and left to pack. "I hope you won't get mad, but I have to get back to my place, I need some things."

"Great, everyone's leaving me!"

"I'm not leaving you, babe." Lindsey said, putting his hands on Stevie's shoulders, trying to get her to look at him. "I will be back here with you in a couple of hours. I don't have anything with me, no clothes, not even a guitar! I'll lose my skills if I don't practice my fingers." He joked, but it didn't go down very well. he thought.

"I can help you with that." She replied, with a certain glint in her eyes, that surprised Lindsey.

"You dirty little thing." He laughed, drawing her into a hug. "Keep up that enthusiasm."

"But don't be gone for too long."

"I won't, I promise." They shared a loving kiss, that Nicole caught walking downstairs. She thought it would be weird, seeing them being openly affectionate, but she thought wrong. It only made her smile to see her mother happy, which she was. The love between her parents was obvious.

With Nicole gone and Lindsey not back yet, Stevie made herself a cup of tea and picked up her journal that she had abandoned for a while. She had filled several pages in a short period of time and was brought back out of her thoughts. She closed her journal before going to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Stevie. It's Kristen."

"Oh, hello... What can I do for you?"

"I got a call myself just now. It's from the hospital. Something is wrong with Lindsey, he's been attacked."

"Oh my God!"

"They called me because legally we're still married and I care for him greatly, but I think it's you who should go there."

"Thank you for letting me know! I'm getting there right now."

"Can you... can you call me when you know if he's okay?"

"Of course, Kristen."

"Thank you."

Stevie wrote down the exact whereabouts of Lindsey and was out of the door in a matter of minutes.