Chapter 39 : Mewni Falls

Start from the beginning

0000

Moon felt something tug her towards the right, something strange like a magnet pulling on metal. It was weak, but she could feel the whole of Mewni being dragged by force.

"Tick-tock Moon." Toffee mocked, "My finger, your Kingdom doesn't have much time left. Neither does your daughter."

Moon gulped. Her family and her Kingdom were all in the clutches of this man, all held together by something she honestly couldn't understand. What other option did she have?

She hoped her mother would understand, and she tossed him the finger.

Toffee smiled, connecting his finger where it had been missing. The skin attached, and the grey-green skin grew from it, soon spreading across Ludo's body and shifting and growing. In a moment, Toffee's body regrew suit and all. Toffee looked at Moon with a sly smirk on his face.

Then he threw up, Ludo shaken and confused, fell to the ground covered in spittle. In his recovered hand, Toffee held the gem from the wand.

"Where's Star!? Where's my daughter?!"

Toffee crushed the gem and let its remains fall to the ground. He tugged his lapels and said, "I don't recall promising I'd return her. She's gone."

He turned around and walked away.

Moon had only felt this kind of pain and grief once before. Her eyes watered, and she felt the black veins on her arms grow, and her diamond cheek marks turned black. Moon rushed towards Toffee. Moon threw wild punches that Toffee easily deflected.

Moon pulled out the wand and clutched it tightly, "I call the darkness on to me. From the deepest depth of Earth and Sea. From Ancient Evils unawoken. Break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul. And crush my heart to burning coal. To Summon forth the deadly power. To see my hated foe devoured!"

The black veins extended to her shoulders, but nothing happened.

Nothing happened.

Moon started to sob.

"Are you finished-?" Toffee stopped, and he saw someone.

A girl with blonde hair and a dark blue dress glared at them. In his mind, Toffee felt he'd seen her before.

Moon watched the girl and knew she was glaring hateful daggers.

"That's how they got a foothold, that-"She snarled, "Using that spell would always be, but now in the state of universe-You! The protectors of magic should know better than anyone why not to call upon their power-"She turned around ins utter disgust, "That family, the caster, and the spell maker cannot be trusted." She grabbed the key around her neck, and as the sound of a lock turning filled the air, she vanished, more than content to leave this Kingdom to its fate.

Toffee was left unsettled by the girl when someone grabbed him. Ludo held him, desperate, "Tell me! Tell me! Did I have any part to play in this?"

Toffee looked down on him with the closes thing to pity he could muster, "No."

Toffee walked away, Ludo and Moon broken.