Chapter 13 : The Quest

Star was packing up her things as the last class came to an end. Star was eager to get back home - it was Friendship Thursday. It has been a while since they had a normal Friendship Thursday, though this wasn't exactly normal either. Normal had been changed to include Seraph.

Marco wanted to start showing Seraph some movies. She often missed references to pop culture, so Marco thought this would be fun way to make her catch up.

Star would admit that she missed having the night just between them, but she understood why Marco wanted to let Seraph join them.

Class was over and everyone was heading out. The room was almost all emptied out. Marco looked over "Okay, ready to go."

The air around the room wavered as a rift formed before them and Hekapoo stepped out.

"Mom?" Seraph was confused, neither she or Marco expected her to show up.

Some of the students stared at the arrival of Seraph's mother and quieted down to see what brought this magical being. Even some people in the hallway stopped to peek into the room.

"Huh, so this is your school." Hekapoo looked around, not realizing all the eyes on her. "Its design reminds me of that prison we were in."

"Huh? It kinda does." Marco looked around, starting to realize the similarities.

"Wait, you were in prison?" Janna, overhearing that, spoke sounding a tad impressed.

"Together?" Star questioned it further.

"Long story." Marco shook his head "There was an insane king who imprisoned everyone who disagreed with him. One of her clones was imprisoned there, so I got caught and thrown in to find her."

"Then we broke out and led a revolt, overthrowing the king." Hekapoo finished his story. "It's not that interesting."

"You led a revolt?" Janna asked.

"Another one?" Star added.

Jackie, who was one of the people looking in from the hall, let out "Another one?!"

Marco didn't even take that in. "… Actually, that might have been the third or fourth one."

Star made a note to sit down with Marco and ask him in greater detail about what he did in that other dimension.

Marco got back on point. "Hekapoo, what are you doing here?"

"Right, " she pulled out a scroll, "I'm here to invite you two on a quest."

"A quest?" Seraph looked at her mother curiously.

"A long time ago, I made a something that would help the users become more powerful." Hekapoo began to explain, "…I never got all the kinks worked out, but it showed a lot of promise and worked well enough. Before I could really get into it though, someone stole all my prototypes."

"Couldn't you have just made more?" Marco pointed out.

Hekapoo shrugged. "I guess I could have, but the material to make them is rare and then I was looking for the thieves and just sort of lost interest in the project. Though I made sure to keep an ear out for any clue about where they went. I never really heard much about them until today. I found this map with clues and a description of my stuff. It was mixed in with some of the stuff we found when me and the commission beat back Ferrovax. And guess where the map leads?"