Chapter 39 : Mewni Falls

Ford looked ready to have a heart attack.

"Sixer?" Stan asked his brother.

"We need to evacuate Gravity Falls as quickly as possible."

"Ford, explain. Now!" Stan urged him.

"That's a dimensional rift, a large one, and I don't imagine it's a stable one." Ford paused to catch his breath to force his thoughts into some order. "This Toffee, he's an enemy of the Queen, correct? He seemed to have some sort of grudge. Then what better way to attack the Queen than destroy her Kingdom?" Ford looked up, "Gravity Falls has a weirdness magnetism field. It draws the strange to it and happens to sit on a weak spot in reality."

"Ford, explain it so someone without five doctorates can understand."

"Toffee has opened a way to Mewni. If it stays open, it will drag Mewni here! An entire kingdom is about to fall from the sky!"

Everyone present went silent.

"It's likely only possible because Gravity Falls is built on a weak spot in reality. I imagine otherwise natural forces wouldn't allow for such a large unstable rift."

"Can you close it?" Stan asked.

Ford shook his head, "Gravity and other forces are tugging everything, trying to keep everything stable, but that is not enough time. It would take me days to build something to close the rift. Omnitraxus and Hekapoo might manage to do something if they were at full power, but… this is the end."

Angie, who had been close by, spoke up, "What about Mewni?"

Ford could only say, "I don't know. It's likely the residents there are being pulled in as well. We have no way to reach them, and we can only hope they are evacuating."

"What about the kids?" Rafael asked.

Wendy spoke up, "I know the area better than anyone else. I know every good spot someone could hide in. I'll find them!"

Ford looked at her directly, "The moment you do, get them and get as far away as you can!"

"We need to get everyone out of here!" Stan told the others, "I'll go to the mayor and get him to evacuate!"

"I'll come too!" Soos began, but Stan stopped him. "Soos, stay with them. Help get them out and-"He paused, glancing over at Melody, and whispered, "You need to make sure she stays safe too. What kind of husband would you be if you didn't keep your wife happy and safe?"

Soos wanted to say something but could only nod.

Ford added, "Me and McGucket will stay behind. If we work with the old portal tech, we might be able to lessen the effects. Not stop, but it will buy more time for people to escape."

Stan yelled, "Don't stay behind!"

"It's a calculated risk, Stanley. I won't stay longer than I have to. Everybody needs to get going, and I have no idea how much time we have or how far away we will be safe. Warn everyone, and you get as far can as you go."

Wendy didn't stay any longer, and she grabbed the keys for the golf cart and took off to find the others.

Angie and Rafel went inside to get the others but found Hekapoo and Marco missing.