Chapter 7 : Round 1

Chapter 7 : Round 1

The group walked out of the portal into a new world with a pinkish sky. They found themselves on the outskirts of a forest were a stony path lay before them.

Sensei bounced on his heels, "Huh? I would have thought all these alien worlds would feel different. Even the gravity feels Earth-like."

"You don't have to worry about that stuff in a Nexus Dimensions like these." Hekapoo waved off his concern.

Marco went on to explain, "Nexus dimensions are points of overlapping sub-space commonality, a world between worlds sharing a small portion of each. Because of these circumstances, Nexus Dimensions are capable of supporting individuals of any atmospheric, temperature, or gravitational needs. The dimension sort of matches everyone's needs and whatever their body is accustomed to."

"Wait, what?" Star paused confused.

"Oh, still remember the stuff you learned from those dimensional scholars," Hekapoo questioned him sounding a tad impressed.

"Yeah, I think so. I think it's episodic memory versus semantic memory thing."

"You're making up some of those words, right?" Star wiggled a finger at her bestie.

"The last part is actually something I picked up from my psychology textbook," Marco explained half feeling like he should pull out his Ph.D. glasses which he realized he didn't bring with him.

At the moment all he really had consisted of pretty much his regular clothes and a duffle bag of stuff.

Everyone else pretty much had a small overnight bag worth of stuff.

As they walked down the path they started to see a village at the end of the path. It looked like a large village pulled straight out of feudal Japan. It rested at the foot of a large waterfall that led into a river around the village.

"Welcome to Tatakai Dimension and the Kingdom of Tatakai, the home to the Battle Nexus Tournament."

As they made their way into the village they noticed several stalls selling items or food. Seraph looked around noticing just how many different species were there. Her mother had told her about the various peoples, worlds, and wonders but never had a chance to show her. She did get glimpses at the Quest Buy but nothing like this.

Seraph had always been young and they were just settling into their lives together when Hekapoo realized about her condition. Hekapoo regretted never showing her the multiverse and now seeing her daughter's eyes sparkle at everything before her a bit of that regret burned away.

Now Seraph was actually taking her first steps into the multiverse and the wonders it held.

That was when a portal opened up nearby and another Hekapoo stepped out leading forwards some sort of tall slender man with swords.

The other Hekapoo spotted Seraph and gave her a wave.

Seraph just waved back. Nearby more portal open with more clones leading other people along.

"So that's one of your clones?" Star stared at the doubles.

"Well, I could be a clone and you'd never know." Hekapoo teased the group.