Chapter 33 : Flaming Heart

Angie was sitting in the living room as she read one of her poetry books; she was in the odd mood to read "The Road Not Taken." She was trying to distract herself. It was the same advice she had given to Seraph, but she couldn't follow it.

She worried about her son; she worried about Hekapoo, both of them lost to who knows where. She prayed, cried, and hoped they would find their way home.

Space unfolded before her, and she felt her heart catch in her throat as a figure walked out, shaking.

"Seraph?" Angie whispered; the figure did look like her granddaughter, but it wasn't her.

It took her a moment, but she realized something. Something impossible, but she saw it.

"Marco? Hekapoo?"

This figure turned to Angie looking at her in the eyes, the eyes were filled with tears.

Angie gasped, "Rafael!"

She pulled them into a hug, she couldn't even begin to understand what was happening, but they were in pain.

Rafael showed up and looked just confused. "What's happening?"

Angie held them, trying to get them to calm down.

It took several minutes before Marcapoo was calm enough to speak.

Angie spoke in a soft voice when they stopped trembling into her arms.

"Honey? What happened?"

"Happened?" Marcapoo looked around confused; Rafael brought over a glass of water, letting them drink from it.

Their mind was in a spiral. The more wild emotions they felt, the more unstable they got as a fusion. The only thing holding them together was that they had the same erratic emotions. They weren't even aware of what they were doing; somewhere in the back of their mind, they knew they had to go home.

"What happened?" Angie asked again, "Marco? Hekapoo?" You're different now… and…?"

They noticed the rings on their hands and mindlessly pulled them off; in a burst of light, they split, collapsing to the floor.

"Marco? Hekapoo?" Rafael asked, "Are you all right?"

Their minds were still foggy, but the fog lifted and left them with the older crying Seraph's image.

"Seraph!" Hekapoo yelled.

"Where's Seraph?" Marco looked around in a panic.

Angie spoke up, "She's safe; she's fine; she's with Star on Mewni."

Rafael explained, "They are doing some sort of musical event. Ah, they called it Song Day."

Both parents' eyes went wide as they remembered what the others told them would happen at Song Day.

"We have to go!" Hekapoo pulled out her scissors and opened a portal.

Angie stopped Marco. "Marco, you've been missing for weeks. What's happening?"

Marco paused and hugged her, "Mom, we need to find Seraph right now, but I promise you that I will explain everything when this is done." He pushed past her and raced into the portal with Hekapoo.