And just like that I am aroused. I roll down my window trying to mask the scent. I don't think it worked because he keeps looking at me and shifting in his seat.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks.

"Nothing," I say, a little too quickly.

"Right," he says. "So where did we leave off last night?"

"I believe you were telling me how much more you knew about me than I do you," I say.

"Knowing things isn't knowing you," he says. "So your favorite color is lilac because it's almost like your name. How does that help me?"

"You could buy me some lilacs," I say. "Or a lilac dress. Or anything really. What's your favorite color?"

"Maroon," he says. "My point is, knowing these things isn't going to let me know how you'd react in any situation. It doesn't tell me your values or anything important."

"I disagree. It's very important that you know I have accidentally killed all my pets and all the plants that ever entered the house. You'll know not to get me those," I say.

How many pets are we talking about?" He asks.

"I've killed five. Two fish, a bird, a rabbit and a guinea pig. Though the guinea pig wasn't my fault. I went to introduce him to my friend's ferret and it killed him. The rabbit was similar. He was taken away by a hawk or some bird."

"No pets. Got it," he says. "What about the bird? No. I don't want to know."

"It flew away. It might still be alive," I say cheerfully.

"I think he knew what he was doing," he says and I laugh. He smiles. "Can I put your window up so I can put on the air conditioner. I'm getting hot."

"But-," I started before he interrupted.

"Don't worry. You smell delectable," he says.

I can feel my face heat up. I roll up my window and he puts on the AC. We drive in a comfortable silence for a while. We stopped for lunch and a bathroom break.

"Why are we driving to Illinois instead of New Mexico?" I ask.

"I want to return this car and get you a better one," he says. "You need something new and reliable.

"This technically is my parents car. I don't have a car," I said.

"So I will get them something new and reliable since you drive it," he says.

"I don't feel comfortable with you buying me a new car," I say.

"I'm your mate. Who else is going to buy you a car? Your parents?" He asks.

"We barely know each other," I say.

"We have the rest of our lives to get to know each other," he says.

I don't know why but this makes me cry. My wolf is thrilled, but I thought I was building a life for myself before he snatched me away from that.

"What's wrong?" He asks. "Why are you crying?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm mourning the life I won't have," I say. "You're great and all but I enjoyed being independent. That's all gone now. I mean where am I going to live?"

"You can live with your parents temporarily if you want but I expect you to move into the pack house. That's going to be our home," he says. "Unless you want to live somewhere else. We don't have to live at the pack house."

"Are you expecting to mate with me?" I ask.

"Eventually. We don't really have a choice there," he says.