Three weeks later

I finally reached a comfortable routine. Go to work, have dinner with Tomas, go to bed. I spend most of my days off with Tomas as well. We've grown really close.

Ready for the day, I decide to make my way to the pack house to find Tomas. He is in his office and he looks disturbed.

"Lila, come in. Take a seat. We need to talk," he says, motioning to the seats in front of his desk.

"Well this sounds ominous," I say sitting down literally on the edge of my seat. "What's going on?" I ask.

"It's nothing like that. I was just wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" He asks.

"Oh? How long have you been pondering that one?" I ask with a wide grin.

"Since I met you," he says unabashedly.

"Really? Then I guess I must answer quickly," I say teasingly.

"It is the polite thing to do," he says.

"Who says I want to be polite?" I ask.

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off with, "of course I'll go out with you."

"Okay. Excellent. I thought I would have to put you in the dungeons," he says, putting on a serious face. "Just kidding."

"You really need to work on your sense of humor," I say. "Kiss me or I'll kill ya."

He lept over his desk and was standing in front of me. "Okay," he says softly as he bends down to face me.

My heart starts to quicken as he slowly leans down. His lips part and he softly says, " just kidding."

I pull him down by the back of his head and place a gentle kiss on his lips. It didn't take him long to kiss me back. I gasped as he brushed the side of my breast and he used the opportunity to explore my mouth with his tongue.

I let out a soft moan then pulled away just as a knock was heard. He lets out a breath and says, "enter."

In walks Beta Jackson. "Alpha Jerome is here with urgent news."

"Alright. Send him in," he says, then turns to me. "Sorry to cut this short. I'll pick you up at six. Wear something casual."

"To be continued," I say, making my way out of his office. He smiles at me as I go.

As I make my way down the stairs. I run into who can only be Alpha Jerome. He's a tall man with broad shoulders and light brown sugar skin.

I smile at him and he grabs me by the arm. "Don't I know you from somewhere," his deep voice rumbles in his chest.

"I don't believe so, Alpha," I say, trying to pull back my arm.

He takes a good look at me and I can see recognition in his eyes. "Nevermind," he says, letting me go. "Must have been a trick of the light." He turns to Beta Jackson and says, "something came up. Tell Alpha Tomas I will be back as soon as I can."

He takes one more look at me then heads back down the stairs. Beta Jackson went up to the office and I continued downstairs.

That was such an odd interaction.

Since it was only three fifteen, I decided to head to the bakery to see Daniela. She's Alpha Tomas' sister and my closest friend.

It was an easy walk from the pack house. On the way, I tried to come up with ideas of what to wear tonight.

The shop was pretty busy when I walked in so I washed my hands, put on an apron and began helping people.

"I would like two loaves of banana bread," a woman says.