{Lerrie} - we're home (requested)

You hummed as you put the star on top of the Christmas tree before stepping off of the chair and taking a step back to admire your work.

It's only a few hours until Christmas, not long until it hits midnight and although you planned on decorating the tree with your girlfriends you didn't get the chance to do so before they had to leave.

So, as sad as you were to do it on your own, you're getting into the Christmas spirit with the festive music playing over the speakers in your shared home.

You went into the other room to grab the presents for your girls, only to put them back down when you heard your phone chiming in the other room.

Hurrying back in there, you grabbed your phone to see that Leigh-Anne was trying to FaceTime you, just as you hoped.

You excitedly answered and saw your girls staring back at you.

"Hi!" You said with a big smile. "Are you going to be on your way home soon? Do you want to see the tree? I decorated it!"

Your girls just frowned and you knew something wasn't right.

"What's wrong?"

"Baby, we have bad news," Perrie said.

You noticed they were in a hotel room and that sent a wave of sadness flooding over you because you know their flight was supposed to head out soon and they should be at the airport.

"There's a storm coming. It's going to be bad. Our flight was canceled." Leigh said.

"Oh." You mumbled in response. "When is the next flight?"

"The twenty-sixth."

"But... that's the day after Christmas. Are you saying you won't be home for Christmas?"

"Yeah," Perrie replied.

"We're so sorry, darling. We're gonna make this all up to you, we promise. We'll have a late Christmas!" Leigh promised, but it didn't make you feel any better.

"Yeah." You said sadly.

"Can we see the tree?" Leigh-Anne asked with a look of excitement in her eyes.

You showed them the tree, trying to smile as you spoke to them.

They were doing the same.

But it was obvious that you were all so sad and the happiness and excitement you should feel about the holiday season weren't there.

"I should go. I still have a few things to do for tomorrow." You said.

"Okay." They said.

"We love you. We'll see you soon." Perrie said.

"Love you both too." You said before ending the call.

You sat on the sofa and sniffled as you realized that you'd be spending Christmas all by yourself.

It was a sad and lonely night for you and when you woke up in the morning, it wasn't any better.

You spent the day in bed, watching Christmas movies in hopes that you'd feel at least a little joy about the holiday as it is your favorite time of the year.

But every time you remembered that you were alone today and your girls weren't going to be home until tomorrow, you continued to just feel saddened, and that spark of happiness you'd feel faded away.

The hours dragged by.

You ignored the messages and holiday greetings you were getting from family, friends, and fans.

You decided to sleep as the snowflakes fell outside and the Christmas lights shined from the houses around you.

But when you heard the front door closing quietly downstairs, your eyes opened.

You wondered if someone was making their way into your home on what's supposed to be a bright and cheerful day.

Hesitantly, you got up and quietly tiptoed out the bedroom door and down a few steps.

But you froze when you heard whispering from two familiar voices.

"Do you think she's sleeping or something?" Perrie asked.

"I don't know. Let's go upstairs." Leigh-Anne said as you went down the rest of the steps.

And as they finished taking off their snow-covered shoes and jackets, they spun around and saw you standing on the bottom step.

"You're home!" You grinned and watched as they did the same.

"We're home, baby!" Leigh-Anne said, eyes sparkling brightly as you hugged her and Perrie.

"The storm ended up passing over so we were able to get home," Perrie explained. "Merry Christmas, babe."

"Merry Christmas!" You said, kissing Perrie and then Leigh-Anne lovingly.

"We got gifts for you, darling." Leigh-Anne excitedly said.

"I got gifts for my girls, too. Let's turn on some Christmas music and open them!" You said and your girls happily agreed, so thankful they could get home to you on this special holiday, just as they hoped.