Chapter Seventeen: Danger

Lisa

"Woobin is willing to sell you to a group of fucking men in town, Jennie".

She stopped.

This is where we always clash, Jennie Kim.

"You heard me, I was going to the bathroom earlier when we were in the bar. A few men who he claims to be his clients talked about how it's a trade and that Woobin isn't serious over what you both have. Jennie, t-they said a lot of disgusting things that was hard for me to listen to—".

"Stop". Jennie turned around, her face seemed so cold and it reminds me of how my demons viewed me.

They were pulling on my heartstrings, seeing the blood curl from underneath the organs inside of me, with twisted smiles on their faces like they knew how I would react.

How I would react to the venom of her words.

"Lisa, do you hear yourself?". She calmly turned around, stepping closer to my personal space and invading it like she knew she had me—by the tip of her finger. "You sound like a crazy psychopath".

I wickedly smiled and replied to her, "And you sound like a bitch who's in denial—".

Slap, she slapped me.

Jennie gritted her teeth as I clenched my jaw while holding my cheek. She gave me a warning look and pointed her finger at my chest, "You come to my house, kiss me, and seduce me into your traps, then make assumptions of my soon-to-be husband, as a human trafficker?".

She shrugged her head, "You've crossed the line, Manoban".

"You're always going to be blind from the truth, isn't it?". I spoke with so much rage yet remained calm.

"Lisa, get out".

"Get out of this fucking mind of yours for once Jennie and see that man for what he truly is!". I angrily replied to her attempts.

Jennie crossed her arms, "Making such accusations without proof, doesn't make you sound sane enough, Lisa".

"Oh yeah? Now I'm the one who doesn't sound sane enough?". I tilted my head, "Jennie, what sort of agreement did your parents have with Woobin?".

There, I hit something inside of her.

Her eyes widened, guess she wasn't expecting that. "Tell me".

"It doesn't concern you".

I walked slowly, carefully to only stand in front of her.

"It fucking does when you're in danger". I placed my hand on her cheek, trying to look for any source of hope, freedom, or acceptance, but I was met by lost dark brown eyes, that only knew the darkness of this world.

"Now answer me, Jennie. What was the agreement about?".

"I told you, Lisa it—". Following my instincts, I grabbed her by the neck, lightly choking her while looking into her eyes. "Wait, shut the fuck up".

Her mouth fell shut, silence consuming the air. But something didn't feel right and I was always right. The sound of footsteps racing out in the hallway made my heart beat faster. "Lisa you--". To shut her up, I inched my head closer and bit on her bottom lip while watching her eyes darken at the pain but it was capable enough to make her stop speaking.

In an immediate reaction, I grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her to the closest bathroom, before locking it shut and hiding us behind the curtains.

"Are you insane?".

I clenched my jaw and pulled out a damn pocket knife. Horror washed over her eyes but she knew I wouldn't hurt her. I wasn't someone who knew how to hurt her.

Never did the sorrow in her eyes resemble anything but grief.

"Someone is here". I whispered and ran my fingertips on her plump lips, she was stunned and confused. When the sound of the bathroom door opened, I took her lips on mine as she breathed heavily, almost wanting to suck the air out of my lungs.

"Pretty Jennie, are you behind there?". A man spoke, his voice echoing in the bathroom but I held the knife close. As soon as he opened the curtains, I aimed my knife at his left cheek. The man hissed and instead of attacking us, he ran out of the bathroom.

I breathed heavily and watched the shock on her face.

"How does he know me?".

Oh, Jennie.