Chapter Sixteen: Clash

Lisa

"I can't even see your ass". Jennie sassily said.

This woman.

"Well, would you like to see it?". I teased her.

From the mirror, I could see how she was blushing. My words seemed to always affect her, no matter how small or big they were. "It's not like I have any other option".

"Technically you do, but I'm your safer option, Jen". There were so many meanings hidden behind my words and Jennie isn't the type to dig in to find out. Better this way. She didn't say anything but leaned on me while wrapping her arms tighter as soon as the lights turned green again.

As I think back on what I heard earlier, anger and protectiveness take a hold of me. The way his clients spoke of Jennie angered me so much and what trade were they talking about? That man is so sketchy, Jennie is somehow blinded by the image of him being the perfect 'gentleman'. Why did Woobin take me to his house in the start? He's hiding something from Jennie, but what did her parents have to do with this?

I clenched my jaw.

No matter what, no one deserves to go through such things. Even if Jennie broke my heart, I couldn't stand the idea of anyone hurting her. Were those men after her?

I looked at the mirror once again for a split second and saw how peaceful she was. She seemed to enjoy the ride, or did she enjoy being with me?

Either way, Jennie was safer with me. She seemed to look back at the rear mirror and to stare at me. It's like our souls connect in a way that is so indescribable. It felt almost astonishing and grounding, to have her with me. Only if it lasted for a few minutes, it made me feel good.

As soon as we reached our destination, she got off the bike without any single word, but I just slumped my shoulders and followed after her.

I expected her to go to her room, but with her back to me, her voice echoes in the empty apartment. "Did you mean what you said?".

I blinked and stared at the woman in front of me like she grew another head. She stood there, the silence becoming unbearable as I helplessly swallowed hard and said, "Yes".

I simply took a close step towards her and stood in front of her, taking a deep breath before calmly speaking; "When did I ever say something to you Jennie, and didn't mean it?".

"That's why I hate you". Her words sharply caress the outer part of my heart as she speaks, "Every word that comes out of your mouth is like a sacred spell. You know just the right words to swing me back and forth. It makes me feel helpless, Lisa".

"Is that supposed to be a bad thing?". I cocked a brow.

"Yes it is, especially when it's a woman who's getting married soon. You just decide to show up and..". She paused, I was the one to cut her off. "And what? Ruin your plans, Jennie Kim?".

She bit her lip as I bitterly spoke, "You pretend like I'm the one who's out to ruin your life when you did that to mine".

Her eyes darkened as I inched my head closer, "And the boyfriend that you view as an angel in this house is the one who's going to be the ruin of you, Jennie".

"You're out of your mind and fucking jealous, Lisa".

I was the one to bitterly laugh.

I'm out here trying to protect her life and she's calling me jealous?

Red flags, but my eyes were flashing red. I placed my hand on her arm and gripped it tightly as I looked into her eyes. "You think that I act out of jealousy but you were the one who was eyeing the way I danced with that woman on that damn dance floor!".

"Lisa, you're hurting me. Let me go".

"I won't".

She pursed her lips and raised her hands, "Have it your way then!".

I held my fists close to me, "Woobin is willing to sell you to a group of fucking men in town, Jennie".

She stopped.

This is where we always clash, Jennie Kim.