Chapter Fifteen: Ride

Lisa

"You seriously think a guy his age, or that Woobin would settle down like that? He's tuned in for the trade".

Trade?

What am I hearing?

Woobin?

Once silence was filled in, I walked out of the hallway I was in.

There was something off about what they said and about this place. It didn't seem like the rainbows that couples or people saw in this place. There was something much darker behind all of this.

Jennie held her purse as her eyes lingered on mine, before looking away, to her boyfriend who seemed upset over her sudden coldness towards him.

"Can we leave now?". She asked him.

"I'm not leaving". He answered while avoiding her eyes.

"What?". She raised a brow at him.

"I.. I have a few things to finish with my clients, you and Lisa can go ahead". He replied.

What?

His clients?

"You seriously think a guy his age, or that Woobin would settle down like that? He's tuned in for the trade".

"We told him that he can trade her to us while it gives him the full benefit of the doubt".

"His girlfriend is the hottest I've seen in this town, he surely knew how to pick the right one for the job".

I started connecting the dots as my mouth hung open.

"Wasn't he going to marry her?".

"You seriously think a guy his age, or that Woobin would settle down like that? He's tuned in for the trade".

"Lisa?". Woobin called as I looked over at him.

"Take Jennie home". He sternly spoke.

I nodded and tried to hide the disgust on my face as Jennie rolled her eyes and walked ahead of me, not waiting for me. She surely isn't the type to wait for anyone. I shrug my head and followed her out of the bar.

The fresh breeze outside hit me, as I took in a deep breath.

Were they talking about Jennie?

"How are you going to take me home?". She questioned.

I simply leaned on my bike as an answer. "No way in hell am I riding on that bike with you, Lisa".

My heart sank at her words, but I chuckled. "What happened to wanting to ride with me once I get one?".

She closed her mouth shut.

Exactly.

"Don't you remember your words, Jen? Maybe you're just going to be ignorant and avoid the fact that you were the one who wanted me to proceed further and get this bike".

Jennie opened her mouth to speak but I simply got on the bike and didn't look behind. "Now hop on it if you want to get home, that's all I have to say to you".

No matter how stubborn she was, she knew she had no option but to listen. My heartbeat quickened as soon as she sat behind me. At the start, she didn't know what to do, because of the space between us and because of how familiar the closure was. How it felt to be close to one another, was so nostalgic.

"Wrap your arms around me". I commanded.

"What?".

"You don't want to fall off, don't you?". She's so unbelievable.

I heard her whine from behind me, but proceeded to swiftly place her arms around me. Her hands were gentle--her vanilla scent entered my nostrils as soon as she placed her head on my shoulder. I seemed frozen on the spot. I miss all of this. "Are you going to sit here forever and enjoy me being pressed on you, or start this bike already?".

Sassy.

I nodded even though she can't see me and immediately accelerated out of the parking lot. Jennie seemed taken aback by the speed. Her arms wrapped around me tighter this time. I smiled to myself and made the pace faster, she seemed to struggle and clutched my leather jacket.

Once we stopped at a red light, she spoke again, "Were you planning to kill me?".

"No, that's how I normally ride my bike". I responded, cause truth be told, I enjoy speed, no matter how dangerous it is and how others warn me.

How they warned me.

"Well, mind slowing down since I don't want to get killed?".

"Seems like you only care about your well-being". I commented.

"Oh for fuck sake, are you saying I'm not humane enough?". Jennie replied.

"I don't want to get killed". I mocked her tone and words from earlier.

"You're a pain in the ass". She scoffed.

I chuckled, "You're the one sitting behind my back and enjoying the sight of my ass".

"I can't even see your ass". Jennie sassily said.

This woman.