CHAPTER 5: Coping Up

Start from the beginning

I went to the office without having my breakfast. How can i eat when she is hungry?

I thought through the all day about my current state. Mr. Dhanraj wants me to protect Mira when he will be not there for her.

I need to keep my patience. I can't loose my hope easily. I have to win her heart and give this marriage a chance. May be one day i will suceed. She will accept me slowly as her husband.

I decided to go home early. I bought some chocolates for her. She loves chocolate. My little steps will make one day a bigger change in our relation.

Mira's pov

I took a shower. I again cried under the shower. My parents were calling me from the morning but i didn't pick up their calls.

I decided to focus on my study. I have to work hard for my exams. Then I will apply for the Phd programme. I got married to Anurag, that doesn't mean that my future will end like this. I will fulfil my dreams.

I came out of the bathroom. I can hear Anurag's aunt's voice. She is talking to someone outside.

"Okay,,,these books are 10 kgs,,,so here 500 Rs...mam"

"800 Rs....i told you before.."

I peeped from the balcony. I saw a man giving money to Anurag's aunt and then he picked a pile of books and shoved inside his van.

Suddenly my eyes widened in terror when i realized what it could be. I almost ran outside in fear.

But it was late. The man has already left.

"What's this??? What's this??"- i screamed in fear.

Anurag's aunt didn't give me any reply. She walked inside the house.

I ran inside the bedroom and my fear turned true. She has sold my books to that man who pick up waste materials from door to door.

My head was spinning. I felt my breathing getting abnormal.

"You sold my books???"- i shouted and cried.

"Yes,,,i told you already that you can't continue your study anymore..."- she said so casually.

I felt so horrible after hearing her. Apart from the books i have my notes for my exams. She has sold everything.

"How can you do this to me???"- i screamed madly.

She kept looking at me silently for sometime. Then suddenly she started to yell.

"Please, don't beat me....what wrong i have done to you that you are blaming me like this?? I don't have any idea about your books....how can i know where you kept your notes?"

I was just stunned. I have no idea why she is acting that weird.

Then my eyes went towards the entrance and i found Anurag standing with a cold face. As soon as his aunt saw him, she literally ran towards him.

"Save me Anu...this girl is scaring me so much.....she is blaming me baselessly...oh god...i can't stay here...i should go back to my village....this place is not safe for me"- she cried and yelled.

Someone please give her an oscar. I lost my speech completely after seeing her drama.

"She sold my books"- i said to him.

"No, i didn't.....she may be hidden her books somewhere and blaming me..."- His aunt replied.

That was the limit of my patience. I can't stay here anymore. I walked inside the room and started to pack my bag. This family is insane. I was right. They are uncivilized liars.

I held my bag tightly and was about to come out but Anurag snatched the bag from my hand roughly. I stared at him angrily.

"You are not going anywhere...."- his voice is loud.

"What???"

"Yes, you heard it right...i had enough of your tantrums Mira, You are my responsibility....if you are having any problems you will talk to me directly and discuss with me but you can't leave this house,,,am i clear???"

I was stunned after seeing his audacity. At the same time i was shocked to find his intimidating side. I never knew that he can talk to me like this.

"You....can't...force..me"- i stuttered.

"This is not force,,I'm behaving like a mature person,,,you are also educated enough to behave maturely....."- he said strongly.

"But she sold my books and notes"- i didn't hold my tears anymore and cried out.

His eyes softened immediately.

Suddenly he placed his hand on my head softly. I stared at him in shock.

"I will get back your books and notes within 24 hours....I promise"

I kept staring at him in shock. I don't know why but i felt guilty a little. He walked away from the room. I kept looking at his way of exit.