CHAPTER 5: Coping Up

Start from the beginning

"Mira,,,you can't behave like that with my family"- i almost yelled.

She was lying in the bed. She turned her face and i saw tears in her eyes. My heart melted with the sight. My all anger vanished into the thin air after seeing her tear stricken face.

I went near her.

"Don't cry please......"- i said softly.

She turned her head towards the wall. I stood silently for some time. I decided to give her some time. She is childish. She needs to understand that now we are married. She can't deny this tie.

I walked out of my room and slept in the hall.

Next morning

My sleep broke with the sound of Tiya's voice. She is fighting with a neighbour. This is her daily routine.

I opened my eyes with irritation. I walked in the washroom to freshen up. I came out and found aunty making breakfast.

"Tell her from the next day to wake up early and help me in the kitchen"- Aunty said.

I sighed again. Mira doesn't know how to cook. My life will turn more difficult in upcoming days i guess.

I walked towards my room. I slowly pushed the door and found her studying by sitting near the window.

The light was invading from the door and fallen on her face. She is looking so attentive.

Again the same happiness knocked to the door of my heart. How easily she can make me happy. I remember i always watched her secretly when she used to study like that. I entered her room by making excuses and watched her studying like that.

She lift her eyes and our eyes met. A small frown appeared on her forehead but again she get herself busy in studying.

"Your sister is shouting too much...."- she mumbled.

I felt embarrassed for Tiya's behaviour. Mira is not habituated with this life.

"Are you going to University today?"- i asked her.

"No,,,my exams are near...i will prefer to study at home"- she replied. Her eyes were rooted on her book.

"Come for breakfast...."- i said.

"I have no appetite"- she replied.

"You can't study in an empty stomach"- i smiled at her.

I know she can't tolerate hunger. If she gets hungry she needs food immediately.

"Your aunty won't like my presence"- she again mumbled.

"You pushed her hard Mira...she is elder than you....you can't behave like that to her....you can scold me, fight me but you can't hurt my family"- i said to her in a polite way.

She kept staring at me with shock.

"Is that what she told you??? I pushed her??? She caught my wrist...look....it's still paining...."- tears brimmed into her eyes.

Now i noticed a purple bruise around her wrist. I was really shocked to find this. I immediately moved closer to her and held her hand.

"She did this??"- i asked her again.

She slowly pulled her hand back and nodded slightly.

I don't know who is telling lie. I can't really understand.

"I know you won't believe me....i don't want to win your trust either.."- she said painfully.

She again focuses on her study. I can't see her like this. I have to try to make her happy. I came out of the room. I'm getting late for my office.