Dreams

Pain. Fire. A bone crushing pain echoing in my chest. My eyes wiped around the clearing looking around.

Death. Destruction. Don't move. I let a wild scream get ripped out of my lungs.

Agony. Heartbreak. Stay hidden. Bodies hit the hard, unforgiving ground.

Loss. Screams. Don't let Him find you. Tears pouring like rivers, mixing with blood on cold cheeks.

I couldn't breathe. The sky was black. No light. Screams and sickening cracks and slices were the only noises.

I looked wildly around, only fire shined a light on the clearing. The bodies looked to be dancing in a deadly, chaotic tango. They all twisted around each other, and the song of death was playing.

The creatures of the night going against the children of the light. No one looked holy or damned. No one had a distinction from one another. Just being fighting for their lives.

I tried to run, to help, but I didn't know who to fight. When facing the battle, I didn't know who to fight for.

More and more bodies hit the floor. Drums. Arrows sliced through the air. Stings. And worst of all, screams that ripped at my heart and made me want to cover my ears like a 5 year old. Vocals.

The screams. Nothing I had ever heard could relate to this. I've never felt a pain that echoed that level. It was a song of pure loss and agony. A melody of death and all it's heartbreak. This was their funeral march as they died. Their screams.

I ran, hoping to do something. But I twisted around, frantically trying to do something. But I couldn't. It was all a swirl of chaotic noise and color. The orange fire made all the bodies a shadow. How do you fight a shadow?

It swirled around, a blend of black, red, and orange. I screamed, but no one heard. My scream just mixed with the thousands of others, unnoticeable.

This was sick. What were the shadows fighting for? This all seemed pointless now. People dying. But it was for the balance. But balance of what? Who would wish for all this? I could feel the bile rising up. My stomach had twisted into an impossible knot. I couldn't help but bend over, trying to not get sick.

Blood wet the grass and made the air moist. The smell... It was overpowering of blood, vomit, and waste. Dirt caked the shadow's faces. Blood stained clothing but it was impossible to tell if it was their's or someone else's.

Tears poured out of my eyes, making the scene even more blurry. A fear I had never felt before rose up in my chest. I felt the ropes wrapping around my heart and tightly squeezing. I couldn't breathe. My lungs felt weighed down and a giant hole ripped into my chest making me fall to my knees in the blood. I could feel the wetness seeping through my ripped jeans which made my breathing become even more labored and unsteady. I sobbed.

Finally, it all built up and crescendoed until a wild, insane scream ripped itself out of my chest and made my back arc until my face looked up into the black soulless sky and it pierced the night air with the sorrow filled scream that I could never believe could come from my body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My scream echoed throughout the darkness as my body shook.

"LILITH!!! WAKE UP!" My eyes slammed open, and my voice cut off into a sob. Luke's gold eyes were frantic and concerned. He held me tight to him, soothing my hair as I clutched to him tightly, sobbing with an impossible agony.

"He... He's coming Luke...We are going to all die.." I managed to get through between my uncontrollable sobs.

Luke didn't say anything. Just stared into space quietly while rocking me back and forth on the bed gently soothing me.

It was all coming true.

And there's no way to know if we will survive it.