"Oh, so you didn't talk to him while his daughter was in the chemo chair?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah, but we weren't flirting. He asked about my engagement, and then I slipped and told him about Ethan cheating..."

They both get grins on their faces, "Even better."

"I didn't mean to tell him, he just pushed me on the fact that I didn't seem excited and it slipped out." I rambled on, as they both just grinned over at me. "What?"

"Nothing.." Nora mumbles.

"No, tell me."

"You wanna have sex with him." Logan says in a sing-song voice, busying himself with dishes.

"I do not!"

Nora dramatically coughs, "Liar."

"I am not lying. I don't want to have sex with him. Besides, he supposedly hasn't had sex in like 2 years." I say, hopping on one of the barstools.

"You could wet the draught." Nora says, smirking as I practically choke on my own saliva.

"That was a good one, babe." Logan says, high-fiving her.

"I know!" She says, leaning up on her tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek.

"Okay enough about you. Let's talk about my wedding!"

*

"Brin, have you told your parents about Ethan and Vivi?" Nora asks.

"No. How would I?" I ask, "Oh hey Mom and Dad, you're 18 year old niece is screwing my 29 year old fiancé behind my back."

"Pretty much." She says, taking a sip of her drink.

"Do I tell them in person? Or on the phone?"

"When are they coming to visit again?" She asks, looking over at me.

"Not for another month or two."

"Call them. Tonight." She says and I let out a heavy sigh, knowing she's right.

"I know, it just sucks. Nothing seems to go right in my life." I say, looking out the window. "First the PCOS when I was 22, which caused the miscarriage, and now this." I groan.

"I know Brin," she reaches her hand across the table, placing it over mine, "It fucking sucks. But, who knows. Maybe a little Christian Brooks is exactly what God knew you needed." She winks and I roll my eyes.

"Very funny."

"When I'm right, I will define be saying 'I told you so' everyday until we die." She says and I chuckle.

"Well then plan on waiting till you die to even say it because, it's not going to happen." I say and she narrows her eyes at me for a second.

"If you say so." She says. "So was it weird? Being around a celebrity? Especially a celebrity who is enemy #1 around here." She asks, leaning back in her seat.

"Surprisingly, no. We talked hockey a lot, which I fully enjoyed. My dad is gonna lose his shit when he finds out."

"I need a picture of his face when you tell him." Nora says, chuckling.

"I'll see what I can do."

"How's... Charlie?" She asks, hesitantly.

"Yes that's her name, and pretty good all things considered. They caught the cancer early which is good. She's a cute little thing. We bonded over Disney and she wants bangs like mine." I say, grinning.

"Little girls with bangs are adorable." She says, smiling over at me. "Did you get any rea about her mom?"

"No, I didn't ask. It's not my business. Although, she does want a little sister really badly." I say, a frown forming in my lips.

"Aww."

"Erica is excited to see you!" I say, sipping my coffee.

"I've missed that little shit." She says, chuckling.

"Oh my God, listen to what she said the other day."

I fill her in on the whole conversation in the elevator.

Nora laughs, throwing her head back, "Oh my God, I can't with her. She's amazing."

"And she thought he was gay?" She laughs, slapping her thigh.

Yeah, but then she called him hot and told me to quote on quote, hit that." I say, repeating her words one more time.

"That's so funny, I can't." She says, taking a deep breath.

"It was slightly mortifying. But, I'll let it slide for her." I say, setting my, now empty, mug on the coffee table in front of me.

"It's patients like her that make the job hard. You just get so attached. God, I can't even imagine how her parents feel." She says.

"I know. It's hard, mentally." I look over at her, "But then you have patients like Charlie that make you remember why you picked the job." I say as a soft smile appears on Nora's, slightly naturally pouty lips.

"Yeah..."

"Hey, I was thinking of ordering Chines food." Logan says, walking into the living room.

"Yes please!" I say.

"The usual?" He asks, leaning against the back of the couch.

"You know it." Nora says, looking back over at me. "What do you wanna watch?"

"I don't know. What are we feeling?"

"Comedy." She states.

"I'm good with that." I say, leaning back against the couch.

"We should go out after the game on Saturday." Nora suggests.

"We'll see..."

"What, got plans with a certain hockey player?" She wiggles her eyebrows, "We are playing Minneapolis."

I snort, "No."

Word Count: 1,257