Chapter 1: Air Support

Supergirl had been called out to the grasslands behind National City. Apparently an alien the size of downtown was heading straight for her beloved city,

"Alex what am I looking at?!" Kara Danvers Aka Supergirl asked into her comn as she approached what she now saw to be a 100ft long serpent.

"Our records say it's an alien from the planet Reptoron V" Agent Danvers answered, "But that's about all we've got"

So with little information about what was in front of her and absolutely no plan of attack. Supergirl decided it was a good idea to fight this thing.

She flew straight for it, intending on striking the beast head on. Only for its tail to come and swat her out of the sky.

Groaning the Kryptonion soon returned to her feet and launched back into the sky, eyes lighting up with heat, "Ow" she spat before firing two almighty blasts of heat vision into the serpent's body.

Only for that to bounce off just like she had, "Guys this thing has skin as tough as mine" she complained back to her bosses, "And I'm struggling to even get close"

Alex looked around DEO headquarters. Jonn was off world and that left very little in terms of back up. Leaving her only one option.

Pulling up her radio from her belt she switched it to a channel that was rarely used and spoke words she really hated using. Because it meant she'd have to see him again.

"Maverick, we need air support" she ordered,

On the other side of National city's about 3 miles off the coast line, on an aircraft carrier that as far as everyone else is concerned doesn't exist, a heavily modified F-35 Lightning fighter burst into life.

It's engines ignited as the pilot was given the go ahead to launch.

Callsign Maverick, Benjamin Drake pushed his joystick forward. The jet followed his movements, jumping forward and reaching immense speeds very quickly. It raced down the runway and eventually left the tarmac altogether. Climbing and climbing through the air, once it had reached the correct altitude, Maverick punched a button and the engine power doubled, sending him into the back of his seat laughing.

"Never get tired of that" he exclaimed as the adrenaline pumped through his veins once more.

He'd already been given the coordinates for the fight and was soon on his way to the zone, "Homebase this is Maverick" he spoke into his own radio, "ETA 2 minutes"

Even before he'd reached the fight he could see it happening. Two nigh invulnerable aliens fighting each other in the middle of nowhere is pretty obvious.

Those 2 minutes Maverick had mentioned flew by, pardon the pun, and soon he was ready to engage.

From Supergirls perspective, she didn't know what a fighter jet would do to help her. But she also didn't know that it's not just the plane.

It's the pilot.

Maverick circled the duo, looking for any pattern or weakness in the serpent's attack, "Homebase can you patch me through to Supergirl" he asked,

In a second he heard the Kryptonion's voice in her headset, "Who the hell are you!" She demanded,

Polite Maverick thought to himself on their first interaction, "Supergirl, I need you to get it's mouth open"

"How the hell am I meant to do that" she yelled at him,

Sighing to himself, Maverick realised he'd have to come up with the whole plan himself, "I'll distract the bastard, you get under its head and on my signal laser it's chin as hard as you can" He ordered,

Not waiting for a reply he pulled away, swinging around for the first run, "Engaging now" came his only warning as bullets rained from the dual guns on his jet. Striking the serpent on the head exactly.

The beast quickly changed his target, lunging for Maverick as he flew towards it's head. It became a game of chicken. Who would duck out first. Unfortunately Mav knew that in a collision the Serpent would come out victorious.

Dipping the nose of his jet down slightly, just before the collision, Maverick slipped around the neck of the serpent, wrapping around it like a wire before pulling up and coming back around for another run, "Come on Supergirl" he groaned through gritted teeth as he avoided yet another strike by the serpent.

When he tried to come back for another run, he saw a red and blue figure hovering just below the snakes head. Unnoticed. Quickly , he hit the breaks, drifting around the serpents enormous head and punched the engine again.

On what Maverick was hoping to be his final attack run, the experienced pilot switched to his rockets and turned on the targeting computer.

"SUPERGIRL NOW" he yelled into the radio,

A burst of heat vision emerged from the heroine and the intensity forced the Reptile to cry out in pain.

Just as Mav hoped.

Without hesitation he pulled the trigger, firing two heat seaking missiles into the serpent's mouth. The heat from Supergirl's heat vision drew the missiles to the base of the Alien's mouth.

And as was revealed, the interior of the serpent was a lot softer than it's hide.

Upon impact the head exploded, sending blood and brains everywhere, completely covering Kara.

"Ugh I had my mouth open" she cried down the mic,

Maverick just laughed, slowly flying around the scene of the now ended fight, "Homebase this is Maverick. Target is down. I repeat target is down"

Without saying another word to Supergirl, Mav turned his fighter around and zoomed off. Leaving Kara Danvers with only one question.

Who the hell was that Pilot?