3st

harper

I walked out of my room and saw Cher standing there, I rolled my eyes and walked past her.

"harper who was that?" She said stopping me, "is that your business?" I snapped,

"yes actually I'm your sister, tell me." She said, "ok but your not my mom so I'm not gonna say." I smirked and cher scoffed. "ok stop with your attitude harper." she said, "good night." I said going back into my room and tried to get sleep. ill just tell cher about sophie in the morning, it's already midnight and school is tomorrow.

I got ready and went downstairs, "cher call aunt sophie. she was the person that called me last night." I said before grabbing my keys and going out the door. "thanks harper."

Benny was standing by my mailbox, I gave him and hug and we got into my truck. I felt Benny's eyes looking at me the whole time I was driving, "what's up benny?" I finally said after we pulled out of the driveway, "nothing." He said smirking then placing his dodgers hat on top of my head. Then we pulled into the parking lot of salt lake city high, only 5 class periods today.

Jess

Harper and Benny pulled up to school, I went to greet them but I saw that they were making out in the front seat. gross.

"lovers school time!" I yelled opening the passenger door, they both jumped.

"really. really jess." Benny said I nodded my head. "Sandlot after school?" I asked.

"ill be there." harper said, benny and i were shocked. harper hasn't been to the sandlot since like a month ago. "did you forget how to play?" I said jokingly as we were walking thru the doors, harper punched me. "i take that as a no. I'll still beat you." I said with my cocky attitude. then the first bell rang and everyone quickly got to their classes. I stayed behind, i hate school.

"jessica that is your 3rd tardy this week." My English teacher said as I sat down, "that's a record." i heard some people snicker, I just rolled my eyes. "detention jessica." she said, "it's jess. that's what i like to be called." I replied, "no. you name says jessica so that is what i will call you." she said, i rolled my eyes.

i like actually hate english teachers.

Harper

After school we all went to the sandlot, well except for Jess since she was acting up apparently in English class.
"Harper you even know how to swing?" Ham said from the catchers position as I swung a practice swing.
"Yes ham, I'm not that stupid." I said as denunez pitched the ball, strike one.
"Awwwww shit." I heard Squints yell as Kenny pitched the ball, I stayed focused and actually hit the ball to right field. And of course Scotty didn't catch it because everyone was too busy looking at left field, by the entrance of the sandlot.

I heard the creak of bikes once I stopped at 2nd, Phillips.
"Hey losers come here." Phillips said as we all stood across from him, "what you want jerk?" Ham spat.
"Well the girl, and a rematch from last game." He said, I laughed.
"No way you are getting my girl." Benny said putting an arm around my shoulder and I smiled.
"Whatever at least a rematch?" Phillips said, "yeah right here. Right now!" Ham yelled, "yeah." The others agreed.

"We play ball on a real diamond porter, you ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats!" He yelled back at ham, this mad ham even more pissed. "What'd you say shithead?" Ham said pushing Phillips to the floor, then Phillips got back up and pushed ham back. Except ham isn't skinny- so he stayed put whole Phillips was trying to move him.
I have to admit it was pretty funny watching Phillips struggle, the others agreed too.

"Tomorrow, noon." Phillips said getting back into his bike, "we'll be there" ham spat as the other boys kicked the enemies teams tires, causing one of the, to fall off their bike. We all started dying of laughter. We continued playing until it began to get dark, then we all walked home until it was just Benny and I. "Well night Benny, love you." I said giving him a kiss, then he said goodnight.

I walked inside my house to see James working on homework, "Hey buddy need some help?" I asked him.
"No it's just math. It's pretty easy." He said returning to his work, "ok did you get dinner?" I said.
"Charlie is making us burgers, he's outback with Cher." James said, I nodded then went to the back yard.
"Hey Harper, dinner in about 10 minutes." Charlie said giving me a hug. "Did you go to the sandlot today?" He asked me, "yeah and stupid Phillips was there." I said. "Oh great did you hurt him?" Charlie asked, I laughed.
"Not this time." I replied and i heard Jess come out back.

"Oh great, that English teacher! Made me stay for 2 hours, 2 fucking hours after school! Instead of playing ball, no I was writing a 2-paged essay about 'my actions'. This is stupid." Jess yelled, Charlie and I laughed.

"Well you missed Phillips today at the lot." I said, Jess perked up- in a bad way. "What did he want?" She asked.
"A rematch." I said, "tomorrow at noon." "Ok I'll be there" she said going to give cher a hug who was sitting at the table under the tree. "Dinner." Charlie yelled sticking his head inside for James to hear, he soon came running out.

"Ok guys we have an announcement." Cher said causing James and I to stop eating and look at each other funny.
"What." Jess James and I all said at the same time. "Well Charlie asked if I would marry him. I mean we are in our 20s so I was wondering if that was ok?" Cher said, "um yeah I guess." I said. "Sure." James said. "Ok Charlie will move in with us then, if that's ok." Cher said, making sure we were ok with all this happening. "Yeah." I replied.

Then we stayed up until 11 just talking about everything and looking at the stars, "Cher mama would be proud of you." I said, then Cher gave me a hug. "Proud of both of us." She said, I agreed.

-end of chapter-