1

Present day
October 03 2022

Waking up in the trunk of a car is hands down, the most terrifying thing to ever happen to me. The moment my haze faded and my eyes cleared up, panic settled itself deep within my chest, little to my knowledge, making that it's long term home. I am extremely claustrophobic. I was already moist from sweat, my whole body shaking, I pulled at my arms to find a way out, but quickly discovered they had been tied together.

It was at this moment I let out an unintentional scream of distress, tears already flowing down my face. Feeling the slightest jolt in movement, as if the driver of the vehicle had heard, terrifying me even more. The car slowed slightly but kept moving, which both worried me and weirdly gave me a sense of relief. I don't want to come face to face with my captor, but then again, I knew I would likely have to if I were to get away. I was completely helpless.

My breathing started picking up even more than it had been, the walls seemed to be closing in on me. I thought it was odd to be able to see in a closed trunk, and realized a battery powered night light had been taped to the interior, providing the smallest bit of comfort, as I am terribly scared of the dark. My head felt dizzy, and I was out before I knew it. Not knowing what is to come.

______________

July 25 2021

"Big poke." I slide the needle into his vein and quickly inject the fluid, pulling it out and placing a cotton ball in its place.

"And we're all done!" I smile looking up to the patients face. He had been in here for years, one of my patients I got along with the most.

"Not too bad for an old man, eh?" He joked with a hearty chuckle. Something he often did after his shot.

"Oh, 54 isn't old" I pat his arm, now all wrapped in gauze.

"You're free to go. I'll be back to check on you tomorrow." I gather my supplies and leave out the door with a small wave.

Putting my things away, I head to the front to clock out. I am ready for a hot shower and sleep. I enjoyed my job but it could definitely be taxing, and today it certainly was.

"Whoa, you look tired." Paul shuddered as I rounded the corner.

"Gee thanks." I didn't spare a glance as I logged into the system.

"You know I'm just teasing you. Seriously, you okay? You've been running all day, did you ever take a lunch break?" He clicked a pen repeatedly, making me want to snatch it from his hands.

I sighed and squat to grab my bag from below, looking up at him, "Yes..?" I squint my eyes.

"You know you're legally obligated to take a lunch break, right?" He smirked. Paul was always on me about that. I sometimes thought he could tell I struggled with food.

"Well you know, I like to break the rules. You'd better not call the cops on me." I walk around him, looking over my shoulder, "Snitches get Stitches, Paul." To which he just laughed as I walked down the corridor to leave.

I sigh and dig through my bag to find my keys, feels like I spend half my life digging through my purse, when movement catches my eye. I turn to see them wheeling in what appears to be a new patient. He looked to be in his late 30's early 40's, dark hair that was starting to grey, with dull eyes and thin lips. His face was covered with facial hair like he hadn't shaved in a few weeks and I could see a large scar that went across his face.

His eyes connect with mine and I look away, feeling embarrassed for staring. It is good to get familiar with new patients but not like this, I was just caught off guard, new patients aren't usually brought in this late.

I duck my head and walk out to my car.

______________

Present day

I could see a blur of red, gold and grey as the cool air blew across my face and chilled me to my core. Oddly enough it felt refreshing, compared to the heat I had been feeling previously. I then remembered everything,being stuck in that confined space, the panic and dread I felt. The horrifying realization that I were to at some point face whoever had forced me into the predicament.

Then it hit me, I wasn't in that trunk anymore. I was being carried in someone's arms. I tried for the life of me to open my eyes completely and lift my head, but the small task seemed impossible. It felt like those dreams where something terrible is happening and you absolutely cannot stay awake. Hard to explain but I feel most of the general public would be able to relate. I felt as if I had been drugged. I tried to move my limbs, but nothing more than slight twitching came of it. I flipped my head side to the side and rolled my eyes around trying my best to at least look around and instead caught the attention of the person carrying me.

The strong arms I lie half unconscious in tightened the slightest bit, holding me closer to a hard chest. I could tell it was a man, a strong one at that, which made me panic even more.

A deep voice shushed me, "I'm not going to hurt you." Yeah, that didn't ease my concern in the slightest. I only tried to squirm out of his hold even more, not that it helped, I obviously had some sort of drug in my system.

"Please.." I managed to whimper out, seeing an outline of a face above mine, looking down on me. I also noticed I was being carried around outside..

"Hush bunny, I'm going to take care of you." My heart sunk. Sunk into the deepest depths of the ocean. I knew in that moment, just who's arms I were in. And I was so confused and distraught in that moment that I felt myself start to pass out.

"M-Mister Harris.." my eyes closed as I slipped off, feeling a shift in temperature as he stepped into a building.

I'm back :)