Chapter 11: The Last Performance

JENNIE'S POV

Lisa: Errr hahaha. Thanks babe!

Jennie: Haha, you're welcome sweets!

I felt really bad for making Lisa feel uncomfortable with the glances.

And holy shit! She just called me 'babe'! I decided to return an endearment too. And a sudden thought crossed my mind.

"Is there a possibility that she'd fall for Ruby and not Jennie? But I'm the same person! Oh god! I just complicated things! What am I going to do?" I started rubbing my temple, I could feel a headache started creeping in.

"What's gotten into you now?" Jisoo hands me a slice of apple crumble while taking a seat beside me.

"Chu, what if Lisa falls for 'Ruby' and not 'Jennie'?" I was getting worried.

"What are you talking about. They are you." Jisoo replied.

"Yes, but Lisa doesn't know and when she finds out 'Ruby' have been lying to her. She may flip." I smacked my forebears.

"Well, your performances end this week right? You can reveal to her soon." Jisoo's right. I'll tell Lisa soon. I don't want lose her.

"Jen, let me ask you. Are you certain of your feelings? Can you see yourself spending the rest of your life with Lisa? If your answer is a yes, then you got to make it work cause it's not going to be easy. Especially when the world finds out. If your answer is a no, then, please, don't hurt her and yourself." Jisoo advised. And I knew what she meant.

It was the last day of the performance. All week, I wasn't able to interact with Lisa in person. I would come in time for the performance, and by the time I changed out, the dancers had left. There was no way I could drop any hints that I'm Ruby.

This evening, the stage is bigger and has more tiers. It's the biggest pre-recording stage I've done. We were all told that our dance move had to be more elaborated. It feels crazy but it would look amazing. I managed to see Lisa during the stage run. I was about to approach her when I was called. When I turned, everyone was gathered together.

"Okay guys, last stage tonight! I want everyone to be careful. This stage has different tiers so make sure you see where you are walking to when changing positions. After the final pose, the lights will go off for about 5 seconds. So don't move until they are back on." Everyone nodded in acknowledgement.

"Let's go!" Everyone hyped each other. I was pumped up too.

The performance was going well.

*Lights Out*

5

4

3

2

1

*Lights On*

For some unknown reason I took 2 steps backwards.

"Jennie!!!"

I felt 2 palms push me forward and I heard a loud crash and loud gasps. The stage floor behind me isn't there and I ran over to look down. Lisa was 3 meters down.

"Lisa!!!!" I screamed. Some of the male dancers quickly jumped into the hole to check on her. She was unconscious and her forehead was bleeding.

"Quick! Get her to the hospital!" Claud shouted and I saw Deukie carrying her off the stage.

"I need to go with her!" I was running towards the exit when my manager pulled me.

"We need to talk to the lawyers. You could have been the one there. The stage camera managed to capture the accident. We're going to to sue the company." My manager pulled me over.