Chapter 4: The Audition Part 1

LISA'S POV

"Fuck! I'm so nervous. Why am I nervous. I dance for a living! I can do this! I've spent my entire career preparing for this. And all I need is for this audition to go well and I can get in. Or... I could fail miserably and have to beg Chaeyoung to hire me as her assistant. Fuck!" I didn't realise I said that out loud until I notice people staring at me as I walk down the street.

<Beep!>

Jennie: All the best for your auditions Lisa!

Lisa: I think I'm going to pass out. And I feel like throwing up. I don't know why I'm this nervous. I've never been this terrified.

Jennie: Breathe. You are going to be awesome!

I didn't reply Ruby. I had already stepped into the audition waiting room in time for the briefing.

"Good morning everyone, I am Drake. Thank you for coming. As you may have guessed. We received thousands of recordings and we've studied every single one thoroughly. The 8 of you have been shortlisted and unfortunately, only 1 of you will be getting the spot. All the best! We will begin the audition shortly. So you may use this space to prepare yourselves. Thank you."

Okay, now I think I'm actually going to throw up. I felt my stomach twist. I have to get through this. I cannot miss this opportunity. I was determined nonetheless.

I was doing my stretches as each girl left the room and not return. Great. I'm last. I hope they aren't bored or have decided on one.

"Lisa Manoban?" Drake calls out. "You're up. Best for the last?"

"I hope so." I whispered.