A Faded memory and No More

"Matthieu~" the French man exclaimed as he hugged his son. "It has been a while, non?"

"Oui, papa." Matthew replied as he hugged France back. Not a moment after, Matthew pulled away with a yelp and a pink face. "Papa! That is not appropriate!"

"Sorry, you just have a fine ass, that's all~"

"Allllllright, that's enough pervyness from you papa. I invited you here to help me take care of Matthew, not to molest him."

"Ahh, oui, that reminds me!" France exclaimed, turning back to Canada, "Did America give you any of those nasty ball of grease junks he calls food?"

America let out an offended 'hey' while Canada shook his head, "Non papa, I have not eaten yet... but it's okay I'm not that hungry!" He added quickly.

"Nonsence!" France exclained. "I shall prepare you favorite from when you were a little colony!" He said, pinching Matthew's cheeks. "I shall make you the best crepes the world has ever seen....! and I guess I could make some for Alfred as well."

Another offended 'hey' was heard from Alfred. Matthew just giggled and nodded, patting a pouting America's back.

"Hmmm, you know what," France said, "we should have a family dinner! Its been so many years since we truly ate as a family... I'll phone Arthur an-"

"NO!"

Everyone looked at America with a surprised expression. He loved England like a small child loved his father and would constantly drag him wherever he went. In short, this was new.

"W-we can't invite Iggy- I mean England..."

"Why not Al? We love 'Iggy' and would love to have him over. I miss him a bit a-"

"Well he didn't love or miss you!" He snapped. "He told me himself!"

Canada looked at him, in shock and hurt. He clutched Kuma to his chest. So his suspicions from long ago were correct, he had just been a weapon for England during the war of 1812. (See notes at the end for more...like 4 pages more...)

"So it was true then... England never really liked me huh..." Canada said quietly, more than usual, he was barely audible.

America felt like a jerk when he saw his baby bro upset. He felt like an even bigger jerk when he saw his baby bro crying.

Francis saw this too and instantly began to hug him tightly. "Non, non my sweet Mathieu, Angleterre did love you somewhere in his heart and that sick, twisted little mind of his. He just didn't know how to show it."

Matthew wasn't listening.

"I always tried to get his attention when I was smaller but he always ignored me as much as he could and he would never talk to me unless he was drunk and ranting, needed something from me or my country, or I tried to talk to him first! He didn't even bother to remember my birthday..."

Canada still remembered that day.

flashback~

"England, England!" Said chibi Canada, running up to his new caretaker, "What are you doing!?"

England looked over from his workspace and looked around for the source of the voice. He felt something bump into his leg. He looked down to see what it was.

"Ah Canada! I didn't see you there lad!"

Canada giggled. "That's because I'm the invisible nation! I'll sneak up on you and scare you! BOO!"

England laughed and pat the little boys head. "You sure are lad. Now you have to leave, I'm making America's birthday present and I'm using very sharp tools. I don't want you getting hurt!"