Fond memories and a call

Alfred walked down the stairs of Matthews home, heading for the kitchen to make Mattie some chicken soup.

Along the way he stumbled across Kumajirou, who was peacefully sleeping on the couch.

'I know I said I'd bring him to Matt, but the bear looks just as tiered as everyone else!'

Alfred smiled down at the bear, knowing that he had probably been working extremely hard on taking care of Mattie before he came.

'Ill let the poor bear rest until I finish making the soup, then I'll wake him and take him to Matt.'

Alfred smiled fondly at the bear, mentally thanking him for taking care of Mattie for all these years, when he couldn't. They had been together since a year after we were "born" after all.

~flashback~

"Alfie! Alfie! Look at what I found!" Mattie said as he ran down the small snow sprinkled hill. "He's so cool!"

Alfred turned from whatever he was doing and faced Matthew, suddenly interested in what he had to show. He gasped at what he saw.

There stood Matthew with sparkling eyes and a small polar bear cub I'm his arms, sleeping sweetly.

"Mattie,be careful!" Alfred exclaimed, full of worry. "it's a polar bear! Those things can hurt you with their long sharp claws!"

Matthew stuck his nose in the air.
"I'm well aware of what it is, thank you! And besides, this polar bear is special, he won't hurt me, he told me so."

"He.... told you? Mattie, polar bears don't talk..."

"Well this one does!"

"No"

"Yes"

"Mattie, no"

"Alfie, yes"

"Alright then prove it." Alfred said with a small smirk. He knew the bear wouldn't mutter out a single word.

"Alright then I will." Matthew said, sticking out his tongue.

Alfred watched as Matthew began to poke the small bear's cheek in attempt to wake him up.

After a moment of two, the cub let out a yawn.

"What is it Matthew?" The polar bear said, still sleepy.

"Oh nothing, sorry I woke you up Kumajirou. just go back to sleep, okay." the bear huffed before he muttered out an 'alright' and continued his sleep.

Matthew looked up at Alfred with a smug little victory grin while Alfred had his jaw hanging open.

"I told you so.~" Matthew said in a teasing sing-song voice.

"Whatever..." Alfred replied, hugging Matthew after he got over his shock. "But I won't say I told you so if he hurts you."

"Don't worry Alfie, he would never do that. Besides, if he were to, which I highly doubt, you would save me, right? You are my hero after all."

Alfred giggles and hugged Matthew tighter. "Yeah, that's right.... I'm your hero.~"

-End of Flashback-

Alfred smirked at the memory as he continued to make his way to the kitchen. He could practically see Mathew's triumph smirk right now!

'We had some good times...'

To be honest, that was the main reason he started to call himself a hero. he loved the feeling he felt when Mattie was in his arms smiling and giggling. he wanted everyone to feel like that... Happy...

Alfred got to the kitchen and rolled up his sleeves, put his game face on. He walked over to the fridge like a boss and opened it. He reached out to grab the ingredients, but he suddenly stopped, had mid-way towards the inside if the fridge.

'How the hell do you even make soup!'

Alfred just stared at the fridge blankly, starting to feel a little stupid at the fact that he felt invincible a couple of moments ago.

He began to search his head frantically for any ideas in how to make soup... he found none.

'Gahhh why do I only know how to make hamburgers!! Stupid, stupid, stupi-'

Suddenly he had a genius idea.

'If I can't cook for Mattie, then I'll call someone who and most likely not mess it up! Hah Alfred why are you such a genius'

Alfred walked over to the phone and dialed in a number. He waited for three rings before someone picked.

"Bonjour, ce est la France. Qui est-ce?"

"France, papa, It's me America."

"Ah, America! What makes you call on this fine evening?"

"Matthew, he's sick I think it has something to do with the-" I suddenly stopped. I felt a strange tingling sensation all over my body before it began to feel like it was burning again.

I dropped I my knees with a loud thud and the through the phone I can tell France wasn't doing so good either.

Kumajirou suddenly popped out of his seat and looked around quickly and startled, and after he realized what was happening he dashed upstairs probably going to Canada. By that time though, the burning didn't disappear but it faded enough for me to be able to pick up the phone and bring it up to my ear.

I had to wait a moment For France though, but eventually he gained enough composure to pick up the phone again.

"You felt that?"

"Oui."

"Yeah, that's why I need you to come over, because Matthew needs him..... andbecauseIdontknowhowtomakesoup..."

France must have caught what I said because I could HEAR that smirk of his, plasters on that face.

"Oui, I'll be there right away. Anything for the sake of my Matthieu... and his taste buds." And with that he hung up.

Well, better go check on Mattie now.