~7~

-Elijah POV-

Lilith ran past me and I just decided to rome the castle. Seeing if anything changed because of the repairs done. My parents didn't allow me to stay and help because they thought it was below us to help someone "below our ranks" as my mother put it.

I truly hated the beliefs of "pureblood supremacy", it seemed wrong. We are all wizards a witches, why does it matter if we were muggle born or not. To think that my parents were about to start putting me in arranged marriages with snobby pureblood supremacists just is shocking. I get that they were arranged since birth but at least they grew up together and were never separated by choice. I never knew the Johns's existed until I went to hogwarts and my father showed me a book of all pureblood families by rank. Malfoy's being at the top and us being forth while Lilith's family is 29. Being not apart of the sacred twenty-eight despite being more wealthy than many families above them.

When I came back home the summer after 5th year and my parents instructed I study Occlumency I knew things must have been getting bad. Both my parents are death eaters but I got the lucky side as the dark lord didn't see any use in me as a child from the fifth highest pureblood family. Draco wasn't as lucky but everyone except for him could see that the dark lord wanted him to fail to punish his father.

Even though I never really knew Draco, we studied Occlumency together as requested by his mother. She said, "Please just try once and if you hate it you can go home and never study together again but... I just don't want him to be alone." and so I did, I went in and we "studied". It was more like a trauma dumping session. We talked about our family molds we had to try and fit in to, and how we had such high expectations put on us from a young age. Ya know just rich kid trauma stuff.

But at school we ignored each other but this time on our own accord. If we past each other in the hall we would politely nodded at each other. He didn't call my friends mean names either. It was good and nice but I just wish Lilith would talk to me and stop ignoring me. Maybe now that I'm head boy we will talk more because of responsibilities... hopefully.

I walked to the dorms and sat in the common room on one of the loveseats. Groaning I dragged my hands down my face. "You know you'll get wrinkles faster by stretching your skin like that right?" I looked up to see Liliths friend, Genesis, and the top of the stairs with her arms crossed. I chuckled and looked into the fire which was a nice calming orange red. "So I've heard many time by mother." Genesis walks down and sits on another loveseat waiting for me to dump whatever I have on her.

"Not gonna happen Thomas. I don't have anything to say that concerns you so you could sod off." but still she stayed there raised eyebrow and crossed arms. Sighing for what felt like the hundredth time today I talk.

~~

-Lilith POV-

Running to the quidditch field I had to keep my emotions in check and make sure it didn't get to extreme. Around 5th year I found out I was one of the few Metamorphmagus in my family line and world. I of course told miss hooch and the other professors about it through owl as it was during winter break. 

Getting to the quidditch field I see Madam Hooch there waiting for me at the entrance of the field. She sees me and smiles before saying, "You were always a fast one weren't you." she ruffles my hair. I fix my hair when she's done and ask why she needed to see me. "Well I know you've been looking forward to playing quidditch this year after a couple years hiatus," I nod trying not to seem to excited, "and you are the only one in your year that has not come to me to tell me you don't want to do it anymore so I was thinking you could still be captain unless you are quitting too. 

I shake my head fast and say, "It would be an honor to be captain Madam Hooch." she smiled at me and I smiled at her, then walked to the dorms after she told me when tryouts were.