Chapter 7: 'Friends'

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I shouldn't have been so suspicious." A guy named Gus says. He was pretty skeptical of Hunter at first. Now I'm becoming suspicious of Hunter though. Making friends? Being nice to others? Including me!?

"Pfft! We can forget all about that when we play next time, as a part of the emperor's coven!" Hunter shouts. What?

"No, what!?" I say?

"My name isn't Caleb, It's Hunter! And I'm the emperor's right-hand man, the Golden Guard!" I should have known why he was being so distant. He was up to something.

"You can't be serious." Willow tries convincing herself. I know what the Golden Guard does, he is serious. "You not the one Luz told us about...right?" She says as she takes a few steps back.

"Yes, I am!" He says proudly. Why? He takes his staff and turns out of his flyer derby uniform and into his armor. "Yeah, this would normally look cooler with the cloak but I don't have it at the moment, long story."

Everyone gasps as scouts from the coven surround us. I could have flown off by myself but I want to be able to escape with the others. I'm finally getting more social because of the confidence Hunter has given me. Even though he is taking our relationship points down a bit right now...

"Hello there, scouts. I didn't give you orders to come here!" Hunter stops them for a second. This whole time I am making a plan to get us, all of us out of here. Not including Hunter. We still have to talk about all this.

"Darius sent us to collect your recruits." One of the scouts says as they push in front of Hunter.

"Ah, ok...very good! And there won't be any delay in branding you with coven signals and taking you away from your friends and family forever. Hooray!" He says it like is a good thing. These other kids actually have friends and family. I'm only here to save them. I have nothing to lose.

A girl on the team starts crying as they take us away. We arrived at the Police Department, and Hunter puts us in a cell!? I watch as he ties up all our Palacemen together. Poor savage.

"Okay, listen, I'm sorry about this whole cell thing. But did you really have to punch Steve, Y/N?" He finally mentions me. I don't respond, I just give him a quick side look.

"I get it, emotions are running high, ice pack for Steve." 'Steve' says as he gives a thumbs up.

"Well I don't get it, you're joining the best coven there is. You can keep all your magic, you get free room and board, and you can even play flyer derby on your day off! Well, this year's day has already passed, but next year is only 52 weeks away!" I keep thinking of how I can argue with him, but I keep shut.

"We don't care! None of us want this!" A girl yells.

"You will eventually. Trust me, I'm your friend now!" He sounds so happy, it's killing me.

I finally decide to speak my mind "'Friends' don't stab each other in the back!" I say as I get closer to the cell bars.

"Sure they do! Coven heads do it all the time back at the Castle! Come on Y/N! I didn't know you were going to join the team! I needed to do this, to prove myself."

"To prove yourself of what? Even if I wasn't on the team, you shouldn't be doing this!" I yelled, and I was getting mad! I could see the guilt on his face. Just then an abomination swallow the whole team and teleported us onto a flying ship.

"Darius, I did it! I found recruits!" He yells as he runs out of the cell room.

"Yep, and you're making me work on my day off. Take this and quit bugging me." A man with really cool hair summons Hunter's cloak and throws it at him. I wanted to feel bad for how Hunter was being treated by this guy, but I couldn't.

"I can wear this proudly now, right?" Hunter asks. Is this all this is for? To be proud? To be accepted by a coven head?

All Hunter gets is a "Can you?" I have to say, he deserves it. "See you at the Castle... Golden Guard." Just like that, he flies away with us.

We were all just sitting there bored, trying to get our Palacemen, trying to escape. Everything we did, didn't work. Darius blocked all our magic.

"Your gonna need to be a little more clever than that." He says. Just then Hunter shows up...great.

"Darius!" Hunter shouts. A perfect distraction for our plan!

"Now!" I yell, starting the plan. We 'Jump off the airship.' But it was just an illusion.

"An illusion!" Darius realizes.

We were really just above the floor. We jumped down as I said "Land the ship!"

"Wait!" Darius yells, but it was too late because I already pulled the lever sending us crashing into the water. We all try to run away but an abomination was blocking us. "Did you really think you could get away with endangering a coven head?" He asks. Honestly, I kind of did. "Do you have any idea of what I'm capable of?" He yells. Honestly, I kind of DIDN'T!

Willow and I tried to fight back but he slashed through it all with his abomination hand, spear, thing. It was out last seconds before..."Wait!" Hunter jumped in front of us, saving us.

"Get out of my way, little Prince," Darius demanded.

"No! I was mistaken! These five are insulin agitators, who aren't fit for the emperor's coven...and I'm unfit to wear the sigil of the Golden Guard." He took off the cloak and dropped it on the floor in front of Darius. "You can go..." We stood there in front of him to make sure that he was sure. Was he giving up the Golden Guard role? "Please, Y/N." He begs.

"Let's move guys. we need to find a replacement, don't you think Willow?" I ask. She was hesitant because she felt bad. "After all, it will be 52 weeks before Caleb's next day off." I nudge Willows's shoulder and start to walk away.

Before I can get far I feel Hunter spin me around and place his lips on mine! It didn't last long but it felt like it lasted forever! I was in shock but when he pulls away he burrows his face in my shoulder, next to my ear. I hear him whisper "I'm so sorry." Then he turns me back around.

I just kept walking as if nothing happened but I was in pure shock. Does he like me? He likes me! "Ooooo" Willow teases. "So you guys do know each other!!" She says, proving that she had suspicions.

We kept walking down the beach then heard my scroll buzz. "Hmm. He signed up for Penstagram, guys!" I say and show them my scroll. He sent me a friend request. I pull up our chat.

BADGURLY/N

Hiiii
Sent at 7:49PM

RULERZREACHF4N

H3y :)
Sent at 7:57PM

"Wow, he is a slow typer," Willow says.

"He is worse than my dad!" Gus shouts.

I hoped you liked this chapter! It is probably my longest chapter! I got a bit carried away. The dialog might not be perfect compared to the episode but I tried. I am ready to sleep so good day or night. Love you and thank you all so much for the support!

Word Count: 1857