Chapter 4: Inner Beast

Y/N's POV:

I was all ready for training with the Golden Guard! I spawned a portal right at my door and walked right into it!

I was still thinking about last night though. What got into me to show him, the Golden Guard out of all people, my secret? Anyways, I walked into the training grounds from the portal and saw the Golden Guard already there. He was very early and was already practicing. Impressive! He looked mad while he was fighting a tree..?

"Hey..?" I say, walking to him.

"Oh, hi!" He stopped punching the tree when I noticed the blood on his fists and the tree. This was not good. Blood released my 'Inner beast' as my brother called it. It was part of the hate I had towards myself. Anything from blood released it. Seeing it, smelling it, feeling it. It was any kind of blood that triggered it, not just my own. Thankfully it wasn't crazy in control. I was in control of myself right now. But I knew it was there.

"Whoa! Are you ok?" I looked away from the blood but I was still pointing at it, trying to send the beast away.

"Yeah that's fine," He says like it's nothing.

"Wipe it off please," I say, turning and walking a bit away from him.

"Um...ok," He says as he walks over to grab some leaves to use as a wipe. "You don't have to wear the mask and cape you know? I already saw it all."

"I know...but still, just because I show you once doesn't mean that it's a regular thing!" I said sternly. Oh no! It had to be the inner beast! It was covering up my soft spot for the Golden Guard. But I still didn't like the beast. Even if it was bringing me back to my senses.

The Golden Guards POV:

I didn't know how to respond to that. To anyone else I would have told them that I'm the Golden Guard, and not to talk to me in that tone of voice. I don't know what it was but it just slipped out..."Sorry, I just kinda liked seeing your beautiful face."

Fuck.

Y/N's POV:

Just as those words came out of his mouth I felt the beast get pushed from the controls. I didn't say anything I just took off my mask. Was a new beast in control? One filled with love, kindness, and compassion? I wasn't used to this kind of affection from someone. I was needy for more.

He was done wiping off the blood from his hand so he walked over to me. "Is it ok if we skip today's lesson and just hang out together?" He asked. He knew I need to be shown some love. Even if it was just friendly love.

"Sure," I said without hesitation. Without another word, he hopped on his staff and reached out a hand for me. I grabbed his hand, got on, and we flew away.

I was going to put my mask on so other people don't see my face but he was flying away from the town. He flew to what looked like a cave. He walked me over to the entrance and then stopped me before we got in.

"Is the end of my life in there?" I ask, sarcastically. He lost his voice or something because he just held my hand as he walked into the dark cave. We turned a corner and all of a sudden the cave was filled with light! Glowing crystals were everywhere! The floor, the walls, and the ceiling!

"You like it?" He asks

"Of course!" I walk over to the crystals to get a better look. I was looking at the crystals for a few minutes when I turn around to see the Golden Guard sitting down in a small area without any sharp crystals, without his mask!?

I gasp at the sight when he gasp back, mocking me, then he chuckles a bit. I look into his magenta eyes as he looks into mine. I just looked and admired his features. His magenta eyes, his smoky blond hair with a small part that would not stay in place, his beautiful smile with a small gap between his two front teeth, a huge scar going up his face that made him look tough. I just looked, with no expression but shock.

His face which was once filled with pride changed to sadness in seconds. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Me..."

"What? Are you kidding?" I ask. I mean this man is perfect!

"Belos says that I don't look...normal, and that is one of the reasons I wear the mask...I shouldn't have taken it off, now you hate me." He hangs his head as he is about to put the mask back on. How could Belos say that to him? He is gorgeous. I put my hand in between his face and mask.

"You are the most handsome man I have ever seen! Belos doesn't know what he is talking about! Maybe he is just jealous." I say, repaying the compliment.

"Really?" He asks, looking up to look at me. I give him an assuring nod and he slams into me for a hug. I wrap my arms around him we just stay there, Lovingly.

That's all for this chapter! I hope you love it as much as I did! Ok, you and the Hunter really need someone to talk to like damnnnn. Maybe each other...or a therapist! Anyway, I'm on my way to a night of good sleep! Good day/night. Love you allll.

Word Count: 911