Chapter 3: The Truth

The Golden Guards POV:

I headed home and as soon as I got there, I got ready to sleep. I got changed into some grey sweats and an orange T-shirt. I took off my mask, revealing what I didn't want to show her. I wasn't normal. It's not that I couldn't trust her. It's what she will think of me, that scares me. I didn't think of it too much because I don't think it's a big deal.

I didn't want to do anything else but think about her. I was so glad that she could open up to me. All I was looking forward to was tomorrow's lessons. Not for the training, but for spending time with her.

I woke up early, got ready, and headed out the door. My lesson wasn't for a while so I had to think of something to do in the meantime.  I decided to check in on Belos. It has been a while and I was honestly scared. I walked down the hall, towards Belos room. I walked in and saw his staring at the portal to the human realm.

"Sir..." I say, notifying him that I was there. He lifted and tilted his head slightly towards me. "I was wondering if there was anything for me to do. Like a task or a mission?" I ask.

"All I need is more information on the human. As much as we can get."

"Yes sir, I'm on it," I say and walk out the door. The human was...interesting, to say the least. I headed to the town when I found myself in the market. I was walking past all the stands when one person stopped me.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind." A weird goblin says.

"Listen I don't have time for this. I am the Golden Gua-" I was cut off

"I know who you are, and you have plenty of time. In fact, you are trying to waste time. I'm a mind reader and your mind is full of wonder and excitement that I am willing to share with you."

"I think I know what is in my own mind! Thank you but I won't be needing your-" I was cut off again

"I understand but sometimes we refuse to look at some things in the mind. I am here to let you be aware of those things. But if you must...keep walking." He says turning away. How was this thing about to sneak his way into my pocket? I know all he wanted was money but he was right, I was trying to waste away some time.

"Fine, let's get this over with."

"Wonderful! Follow me." He says as he starts to walk away with great speed. I follow him to one of the stands with a purple curtain around it. "Now take a seat and let me get reading." He says, grabbing my hands as I sit down. "Ah, yes yes. I see...You are worried, worried about what others think, about if you are not enough, who can you trust, are things moving too fast, you are failing to hide that soft spot for, someone..." He says but it's all too much to take in the reality. I tossed him the money that I owed him and ran out, without another word.

I am so tired so I am leaving this chapter short. It's fine I hope because the last two chapters were long. I have been overthinking so I might take a small break from writing. I hope this doesn't affect anything. I have been writing one chapter a day and maybe that is too much for a new writer. Thank you all for reading and understanding this. Love you all. Have a great day/night .❤ Also not my art!

Word Count: 623